1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS Jailbreak Help!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by subbyhasan, Mar 31, 2012.

1. subbyhasan

subbyhasan Member

Basically managed to get my hands on a PS3 60GB (PS2 version) and wanted to jailbreak it or put cfw on to play backed up games. The PS3 is on 3.55OFW atm so now problem so far. However I wanted to play FIFA/BF3 online as I'm a keen online gamer. So this rules out a CFW as I think you can't play online at all without risking getting banned.

So I was thinking of getting a PS3 Jailbreak dongle. I think you boot your PS3 a different way using this so would it be possible to play online using the PS3 games discs etc normally then boot the PS3 into a different mode and play the backed up games? Can I do this?

Also, I have heard that if you try and sign in to PSN on 3.55OFW it won't let you and tells you to update. Is this true and is it like this for all old updates e.g. 3.61OFW etc?

Thanks greatly in advance for any help. I doubt you can do this but I reckon someone on here will know

Thanks

Note: Don't want to play online with the backed up games, just the discs

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

There is no jailbreak only Zuul!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It's either jailbreak (and that includes dongles) or online play, not both. And it's not about getting banned (that's Xbox 360). For online play you need the latest firmware, which is 3.72 (I think, they get released that far). For jailbreak you need firmware 3.55.
    Now I posted this I think I am going to store that link, so every time a noob asks that question again I can simply link to it.

4. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Yeah I think we need a new sticky as the current ones are way out of date!