1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 and DVD copies work, but PS2 games won't boot

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Juggles96, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Juggles96

Juggles96 Member

I have a Magic 3.6 chip and v7 board. I had a NeoKey on a previous playstation, where my PS1 and PS2 CD backups worked. I just put this new chip in my new playstation 2, and everything plays except for my PS2 games. It doesn't matter if they are CD-R or DVD+R, they won't work. I've tried all types of medium (including Verbatim DVD+R). I've checked other message boards and even contacted the place I bought it, however, they just tell me I am burning it wrong. I know this can't be the case, because these backups worked for me before. Is anyone else having these troubles, and does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

2. carranza

carranza Member

The Laser needs calibration, the symptoms are clicking noises when you put a DVD (either copy or original or movie) and just loads CD based games.

3. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

sometimes I hear clicking noises on my PS2 but I'm still able to play orginal games and dvds as well as copied dvds. I haven't tried a backup dvd game yet

4. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

By the way if this is the case. What should you do to fix the laser?

5. carranza

carranza Member

6. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

After reading that thank god my PS2 doesn't need adjusting.