1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 backups locking up

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Boojum, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Boojum

Boojum Member

I recently got Breaker Pro to go back and play some of my old games whose discs have gotten lost or damaged. However, I'm consistently having trouble with the games locking up very early on. I burned them all using CloneCD in game mode at 4x write speed, trying two different burners and two different brands of disc. All of the discs work flawlessly in a psx emulator on my PC, and my ps2 (slim) hasn't had any problems reading other discs. The games each freeze at the same point consistently, all within the first few minutes.

Any idea what the problem might be? I was considering trying Alcohol 120%, but I've already used my free trial and I'd rather not buy it unless I know it'll solve the problem.

2. jora

jora Guest

Got the same problem as you, the games I play flawsly on my old psx and emulator crash when using them on ps2 with the breaker pro.

3. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

hey Boojum check your pm's i left a message.

btw... use dvd decrypter not clone cd. i used clone cd on 3 games and they all failed. tried the same games on dvd decrypter and they worked.

dvd decrypter is easy go to mode>iso>write

then choose the iso you want to burn and choose burn....

nothing special

4. Boojum

Boojum Member

Thanks for the tip. After some experimentation, I tried using Alcohol on a different computer, and it seemed to work fine. I'll try DVD Decrypter if I run into any other problems.