1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 backups on a PS2 v7 with fliptop

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cmoney311, Jul 11, 2003.

1. cmoney311

cmoney311 Member

What do i exactly need to play my ps1 backups on my ps2 version 7 w/ fliptop using the swap magic discs. I am NOT using a no-solder mod-chips. Do i have to have an older model ps2? Do i need an Action Replay 2 or Gameshark 2, made for either ps2 or ps1 ? I haven't seen a post that really exactly explains this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

You can't use the swap magic for booting ps1 backups. You'll have to use an Action Replay 2 or Gameshark 2 and doesn't matter if it's for ps1 or ps2.

3. cmoney311

cmoney311 Member

Thank you Hanedrick.

4. cmoney311

cmoney311 Member

BestBuy has a Mad Catz Accessories GameShark 2 Version 3. Will this work with the Version 7 Playstation 2? Does the GameShark 2 have to be Version 2 or lower? If you're confused let me know ;-)

5. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Gameshark 2v3 doesnt work for playing backups and i'm fairly sure that gamesharks cant be used for playing backups on version 7 machines at all (not sure if this includes the ps1 gamesharks for playin ps1 games tho!)

6. cmoney311

cmoney311 Member

Do you know what gameshark models are approved for this and on what versions of ps2's if at all? I want to be able to play my ps1 backups on my ps2 somehow with my version 7 ps2 with my fliptop if it is possible! If i have to get an older model ps2, then i will!

Thank again.