1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 Backups on Modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by salvodaze, May 23, 2007.

1. salvodaze

salvodaze Member

Hi all

I'm well aware of the possiblity of these being asked before, but much as I tried, I couldn't find the answers I need using search or browsing. So please don't be too hard on me if I was looking at the wrong places; this is already emberrassing enough for me.
    Here it goes:

I have a PS2 with a Matrix chip installed.

1. Can I burn and play PS1 backups (iso or whatever) on my PS2?

2. If yes, what software and media do I need? Or simply, is it any different from burning a PS2 backup (which I know how to) (Also, can I burn a PS1 backup on a DVD?)

3. Again, if yes to question 2, are all PS1 games compatible with modded PS2s?

4. Do PSX backups basically work like PS1 backups? Can I also burn and play these on PS2? Or is PC the only platform to play them?

Please be descriptive since I'm new to the whole PS2 thing, I've always used Nintendo consoles before. Thanks in advance.

2. salvodaze

salvodaze Member

Anyone? Be straight with me now, is it me?

I tried browsing older posts but there's stuff like emulators on PS2 which I have no clue about. I don't think the questions were that hard either. So I guess it's me.

3. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

1.) Yes. Even the most primative modchips for the ps2 can play psx(1) backups.

2.) Any cd-burning software and blank CD-R's are all you need.

3.) No, as not all PS1 games work on PS2 (very small number of incompatibilities). Though mostly you shouldn't have many (any) problems.

4.) I'm not sure what you are asking here.

4. salvodaze

salvodaze Member

Thank you kindly sir/ma'am :).

I'm not sure what I'm asking there either, I guess I'm not sure what PSX refers to (PS1 - PS1&2&3).
    Thanks again.

5. tdude511

tdude511 Member

See the siggy =)