1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 Compressors

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vwguy, Jan 11, 2007.

1. vwguy

vwguy Member

The 3.03 OE-B firware supports compressed PSX game files. Where can I find a compressor for the PSX games?

2. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

it's actually built into popstation i believe. there are any number of gui's that allow you to change the level of compression. i happen to use psx2psp and it compresses and works beautifully.

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

yea, i got ff7 to compress from 714 mb to 526 mb now i an finally add more music

4. pspwhizz

pspwhizz Guest

i have been having problems co pressig with psx2psp it comes up with someting about to many arguments/ how do i fix this/ happens every time i try to compress.

really anoying me i cannot work it out :(

5. guano

guano Regular member

Just use popstation. It's the best. The GUIs are actually more complicated.

You should take everything that pertains to popstation and put it in C:\

Items you should have in the popstation folder:

BASE.PBP
    cygwin1.dll
    some other cygwin.dll file (I can't remember the name)
    KEYS.BIN
    popstation.exe
    Your image file
    pic1 and icon0 and a clear pic0 (so popstation will fully customize and not use the pics from Hot Shots Golf. Clear pic0 will make it so there's no "Put your golf shorts on and get out on the course!" Write up from Hot Shots at the bottom right of the screen.)

Go to the start menu and select "Run..."
    Select "OK" ("cmd" should already be written in the entry field. If not, type it in.)

Just type this in the cmd: (Assuming everything pertaining to popstation in in C:\)

cd\pop

popstation "Name of Game" SLUS12345 9 Name of Game.bin/.iso/.img

and hit enter.

- You have to have "popstation" written there. This relates to the .exe
    - "Name of Game" - self explanatory
    - SLUS12345 (SCES, SLUS, SIPS will all work a/f/a names go for the game ID.)
    - The "12345" can consist of any numbers, but has to be five digits long.
    - The "9" is the compression rate. (This isn't like cso or dax. There is no interface. But you can still choose 1-9 as your compression rate.)
    - Then type the name of the game YOU want it displayed as and the type of image file it is. (.img/.bin/.iso)

It will then compress and voila! You're done.

Have fun and good luck,
    guano