1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps1 disc swap / change converted to eboot on psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by busog, Aug 14, 2007.

1. busog

busog Member

i have converted several ps1 games to eboot and its all working fine but the only problem is when i try to play games with 2 disc how should i swap them can any1 help me thnx iam always online.. example of games are final fantasy IVV

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

It depends what multi disc games you are playing.

Nearly all of the one's by Squaresoft are easy because they ask you to save just before the end of each disc. After you save, you can close the disc one eboot, open up the disc two eboot, hit load and continue playing. (Granted you gave each disc for the same game the same Game ID [example: SLUS-94163])

Other games are a bit more complicated. One of the only difficult ones that I've run into is Metal Gear but, luckily, Vaindetta posted a wonderful guide on how to do this one:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/485480

If you need help with any different game, feel free to ask and I'm sure that someone here can help you.

3. busog

busog Member

thnak you for the reply but i was kinda hoping that someone woul tell me if it is possible that i can combine eboot files? like the metal gerar you have mentioned can i combine it or is there a proggy that can combine to eboot

4. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

no i dont think there is a way on doing that the only way to actually do that just an idea im not saying how to do it but the only way is that you may be able to combine them is when it is the ps1 game discs or in there regular ps1 isos and there was an iso joining program similar to a movie joiner and then you compress it to an eboot and when it asks you to swap disc you simply press X or O depending on the game to continue but this is just an idea

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007