1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 emu's and making ps1 roms

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by FFW, Jan 8, 2004.

1. FFW

FFW Member

Hello everyone i want to know whats the best ps1 emulauor. I remeber i read something on the xbox-scene forum of some guy making a flawless ps1 emu and that he was going to be finsihed aroung chistmas. Did he ever finshed it? If not whats the best ps1 emu. Lastly how do u make a ps1 rom. *NOTE* I own the games i want to make into a rom. So i'm not asking where to DL them form Nor do i care where to get them from. So don't PM me with this stuff please lol. With that said i own a playstaion and i don't mind playing games on it. But some games i really injoy playing and the load times are killing me. Like Chrono Trigger that loads soooo slow for every battle or whatever. I'm thinking if a xbox game can load so fast running of the HDD ps1 games
    should load very fast if any load times at all. Ty for your time.

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

To make a rom you have to make CUE/BIN files and put them in the rom folder of the emulator. As for the emulators I really don't know since every one I tried sucked because there was some lag!

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

PCSXbox is the only ps1 emulator and it is a good one though.

A program like Alcohol 120% can rip the originals straight to bin & cue. So can CDRWin.

4. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

First of all the ePSXe Emulator can play playstation 1 games and there's an ISO ripper called Blindwrite that can rip PS1 games into .ISO and a .bin and .cue format.
    To get ePSXe go to www.ePSXe.com

5. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

Your lag is due to what kind of windows version you have and what processer you have.

6. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

MikeDDR,
    Can you e-mail me and .ISO of Chrono Trigger for PS1.
    e-mail it to serge882@yahoo.com

7. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

I meant FFW can you e-mail me an Chrono Trigger ISO.

8. ABMone

ABMone Guest

ePSXe is not ported to xbox

PCSXbox is the [bold]only[/bold] ps1 emulator for xbox.

9. FFW

FFW Member

i'll give pcsxbox a try ant i got alcohol 120% so i should be set then. i'll give it a try. As for IDB2000 sorry man i can't send it to you. 1.) emails have a MB limit and 2.) thats pritecy and stuff, and i don't want to get kicked from this forum. The game dosn't cost much but it's going to be had to find. You can probuly get it for 40-50 used at a used video game store like gamestop. Thats where i got it but also try ebay, it come with Final fantasy IV too. So it's worth it in my mind. Both games come in a bundle cd case. Look for a game called "Final Fantasy Chronicles"

10. FFW

FFW Member

ABmone what setting do i need to change in Alcohol to make CUE/bin files. It's only allowing me to make .mds and .ccd image files.

11. Kamui_000

Kamui_000 Member

Hi, Does ne1 actually kno ne web pages, to download PS1 and dreamcast roms from?? plz??

12. FFW

FFW Member

FFW SLAPS Kamui_000 on the wrist. No one can talk about that here if you want ps1 or dreamcast games rom go out and buy them and then make your own roms.