1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 Games on PSP from Torrents!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by MooDi, Feb 24, 2007.

1. MooDi

MooDi Guest

Hi all,

i just found out that i can play PS1 games on my PSP, i downloaded some games that i like from torrents, but i can't play them, can any one give me a complete guide on what to do to play PS1 games on PSP?

the files that i downloaded contains two files:
    1- *.bin file
    2- *.BPB file

some times, it countains a DOCUMENT.DAT file too!

what can i do?

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

what are the names of the files that you are downloading coz you need an EBOOT.PBP and a KEYS.BIN to play the psx games? if you have them just create a folder in the GAME (it might be the GAME150 folder i cant remember) folder called whatever you want and put the files in there

sometimes psx games come as .bin files and you need to convert them to an EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN

3. MooDi

MooDi Guest

i created a folder, i put them in it, it shows as a game in the game menu but i when i try to open it, it ives me an error, does it have something to do with the version that i'm using? mine is 1.5?!

and can i play them with PSX-P?

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

ah thats the problem...you need to upgrade to a custom firmware such as the latest one 3.10 OE-A to play psx games

just use the easy installer found here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

once downloaded run the executable - its all self explanatory ;)

5. MooDi

MooDi Guest

ok!

one more question and all be fine! (i know i'm bothering you)

if i updated my firmware to 3.10 would i be able to start DivHook and play torrent games that i have?
    is there a new DevHook that work with 3.10 firmware?

thanks

6. mjm

mjm Guest

do not upgrade to 3.01 from sony
    Upgrade to the OE firmware that paul91 mentioned
    this firmware can play the homebrew and games, so that you do not need devhook

7. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

I have Crash Bandicoot in my psp If I were version 3.02 OE-B and I want to change to 3.03 OE-B, the game will be corrupted?

8. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

And I forgot how to put Crash Bandicoot 2 to psp, could someone tell me, I downloaded it.

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

This is pretty old news to be able to play PS1 games on PSP. You have to convert the .BIN to a .ISO then covert the game into a EBOOT.PBP with a Keys.bin file and put it in the PSP/GAME folder to play it.

10. mjm

mjm Guest

i was resently reasearching all of this, and there are plenty of threads with all your questions awnsered. This one i found to be very helpful
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/450045
    Also i found that some .iso files won't work, so if you can get them pre converted (Has psp and psx in the name of the torent) or in a diffrent format that usually works best.

11. geousa

geousa Member

i want to play ff7 on psp but dont know anything on how to get started on procuring the prerequisite resources plz help!

12. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

I know but I am telling you guys that I HAVE CRASH BANDICOOT in my psp already from 2 months, I want to upgrade my psp to 3.02 OE-B, and I am 3.02 OE-A, the game will be corrupted?

13. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

NO, it will not be corrupted, however, if your smart, you would of thought of putting the game on the PC then transfer it back when your done.

14. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

Now thats an Answer

you said: NO

Awesome

15. mjm

mjm Guest

ff7 is a whole 'nother story. the torrent i found for the psp converted version didn't compress the eboots, so you can use the popstationGUI from the link i posted earlier to recompress the eboot. This is usually a must since the eboots are roughly around 700MB. there is also the problem of swithching disks and game saves. supposedly you can switch out the eboots after you save when it asks you to switch disks, and renaming the game and save ID in popstationGUI.
    I havent tried this yet because not far in playing the game yet.
    im sure the senior members can tell you exactly how and in fewer words
    hope this was helpful

16. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot 2 as a torrent, NOT CD, how do I put Crash 2 into psp?

17. mjm

mjm Guest

Its all the same if it is form a torrent or not, if the torrent gives you the eboot then you can transfer it right to your psp. if they give you a .iso or .cue use the popstation form http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=60371 to convert it to a eboot it.
    also read a little, and it could help a little to know what files where included in the download.

18. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

There is another program?

19. mjm

mjm Guest

yes

20. Ali9994

Ali9994 Guest

BRICKED MY PSP!!!

Excellent!!

When I want to start to play a game, the psp holds and it turns off

PLEASE HELP!!!