1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 Games Problem On PS1 ( Modded )

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

I've been trying to get rid of this problem every since i bought my PS2. PS2 games boots and works fine, no problem. Everything works that is PS2. But PS1 games also works after double tapping the reset button but PS1 games are slightly squeezed in Y AXIS. there is about 6 inch margin in the bottom. I tried everything and nothing seem to fix the problem. I tried switching that FULL SCREEN : 4:3 : 16:1 all those in PS2 options. but nothing works. :(, PS2 games working real well. my machine is a PAL one i think it's V9/V10, about four weeks old and came professionaly modded with Messiah ( i am not sure which version but Double taps boot PS1 games and without doing anything boots PS2 games ). Helpeme!! ( I ever tried applied NTSC > PAL patches over my PS1 backups but that didn't work either. )

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Do PAL format PS1 backups do this as well?

3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Ermm i am not sure. i am still a newbie!, I checked all my PS1 Games, and they says NTSC/UC nope i don't have a PAL game with me. I guess i havea ll NTSC PS1 games. But i tried the PAL > NTSC patch. What if it happens in PAL games also?.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Well, that's what I would like to find out. If it happens with PAL games as well, it's probably not a PAL/NTSC issue. If you have a PAL PS2 I'd assume you live in a PAL region and my next question would be how hard would it be to perhaps borrow or rent a PAL PS1 game to test?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Ok, did some research and figured this one out for you. Since NTSC games are lower resolution than PAL games the picture will appear smaller when played on a PAL TV. Sorry but there is no workaround for this other than maybe buying a PAL/NTSC signal coverter for the output on your PS2.

6. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Thanks a load for your valuable time ICEMONKEY! i am very grateful for it. Thanks a lot. :), I just wanted to let u know that i have a NTSC / AND PAL multiversion compatible tv that supports any type of system on earth. It makes no difference in that, i play PAL DVD movies, NTSC, all sorts of stuff. it works fine with it. :), I just thought of letting u know because u mentioned something about a PAL TV :)