1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 games w/ swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by aznboi, Apr 3, 2005.

1. aznboi

aznboi Guest

I have the older swap magic (version 3.0) and i was wondering if it could play PS1 backups, and if not is there anyway i could make it play the PS1 backus?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Swap Magic will not boot ps1 games, but you can use Action Replay or Game Shark 2 to boot your ps1 games.

3. aznboi

aznboi Guest

oooo sweet, I'm getting one soon (that is the Action Replay Max) so how do i do it do i just wait for it to fully load then swap it?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yup, it's really easy...

5. aznboi

aznboi Guest

can this be substituted for Swap Magic? Becuz my swap discs are getting pretty scratched (even though i take care of it really well, it somehow is getting some serious scratches) and i wanna kno if the Action Replay can play backed up PS2 DVD's so i don't have to rely on the swap magic discs. Also, it says taht you have a clear case how much did u buy it for and where?

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

You know, I don't think you can substitute Action replay over Swap Magic to play your ps2 backups, 99% sure about this. You could always try and see, but I have my doubts.

Well, I bought my ps2 cover on ebay, and I think I only paid $30 with shipping included. Just type in ps2 flip in the search box and it should bring up about 30 different auctions with ps2 cases.

I would highly suggest getting a flip top case if you are using swap magic, because then you don't have to worry about using the slide card...