1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps1 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TS50, Oct 2, 2002.

1. TS50

TS50 Guest

ok guys i,m new at this so take it easy with me....my kids have hooked on to me getting ps1 games from the net aarrrggghhhh....
    anyone tell me what i need ..ie software to burn a game so it will play..i have a 20x burner nero 5.5.6.4..

any help is greatfully exepted

les

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can burn them with nero but you have a problem!!! You cant play them without a modchip. For a ps1 it is easy to use swap methods though.

Open your ps2 and put in a disk (any disk). Leave the lid open and power up. You need to find the lid sensor. The button is quite small so you ned to focus. Its in the top right hand corner when you have the lid open.

Push down on it and the cd will spin.

It might take a while to find it though!!

Before I explain A boot method, you need...

1.. Any REAL Ps Game
    2.. A game copy (yes it can be sifferent from the real ps game!!)
    3.. blu tac or something to hold the lid sensor down
    4.. Patience and lots of it!!!

This is a method for booting ps1 games that is now probably defeated in brand new models.

#####--------Method 5 - The double swap method----------######

Watch any game boot up (i mean watch the disk not the tv!) You will notice two speeds basically slow and fast I call em 1x and 2x.

This method will take a few trys to perfect!!!!

1.. Start your psx with a real game in it!

2.. It will start at 1x, as soon as it hits 2x ""SWITCH WITH THE COPY"". If that was done right, you should reach the black screen now!!

3.. Watch the cd speed, It will slow down and then back up to 2x. Leave it at 2x until it slows back down and as quick as you can ""SWITCH BACK TO THE REAL GAME""

4.. After 2 seconds or so... the cd will speed back to 2x AS FAST AS YOU CAN, REPLACE WITH THE COPY!!!!

Now if you did that perfectly the game will continue to load!

However your audio may be slightly odd but who cares about that. Also you should think about purchasing a mod-chip because if you keep swapping over a long long time, you will eventually wear out the motor!!!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2002
  4. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

Well the only reason why the copy's don't load is because the error is corrected in the disk by the burner program and then the ps1 or ps2 doesn't load I'll tell you the correct burner program to use because it does not correct the error.

The program is Adaptec EZ CD Pro 2.1

Here is the difference of a burned playstation game and the original playstation copy.

Regular:

BOOT = cdrom:\SLUS_010.41;
    TCB =4
    EVENT = 16
    STACK = 801fe000

Burnt Copy:

BOOT = cdrom:\SLUS_010.41;1
    TCB =4
    EVENT = 16
    STACK = 801fe000

This is the data of Chrono Cross(PSX)

5. ldb2000

ldb2000 Member

I have found something out I guess the one is the error sometimes and then It isn't some times.