1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 import games on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by microeye, Feb 13, 2013.

1. microeye

microeye Member

I have a PAL PS2 slim and I got hold of a NTSC version of FF9.

What is the easiest way to get the game to run on my PS2 without modding a chip? I cant mod...

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Easy but not easy let me explain.

In order to boot a import ps1 game you would need to do some modding but you have another issue as well which wont help you ff9 is a multi disk game so i can get you up and running but you would only be able to play disk 1 and not be able to switch disks without some kind of mod chip.

Here is what you do and what you need.

1. you need a ps1 action replay or codebreaker disk.

2. a screw driver

3. duck tape

step one.

Take the cover off of the ps 2 slim model once the cover is off you need to look for a black switch next to the cd drive tape it on all the time once taped down reassemble the ps2 and now your set listen up you need to start the console with the disk in the drive the action replay or code breaker by doing this mod you cannot power up the console and then insert a game it no longer works that way sorry.

step two

the code breaker or action replay must be pal i understand you are booting a u.s game but you need a codebreaker or action replay that can boot on your region console once booted select start game without codes dont try codes the game wont boot when it says insert disk quickly remove the disk and place ff9 disk one in and press x and your ready to play but you still cannot switch disks which isn't going to help you.

4. microeye

microeye Member

After a quick search I discovered that both action replay and code breaker is hard to come by and is fairly expensive compared to a modchip or swap magic.

Maybe I'm better off with some sort of mod after all.

In that case: I already have Free McBoot on a memorycard so I have no trouble playing burned ps2 games. But what should I get for ps1 backups and import?

Thank you for the advice and your time :)

5. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

my recommendation is a mod chip but be far warned once you install a mod chip no online play anymore

6. microeye

microeye Member

Doesn't matter. I don't use it to play online anyway :p