1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps1 memorycard on ps2slim

Discussion in 'PS2' started by EvilCrow, Jan 25, 2008.

1. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

My ps1 died and i wanted to try playing on my ps2 slim (scph77006) but my slim cant play ps1 games directly. So, I looked around the forums and i somehow made it work.

The thing is, my ps2slim cant detect my ps1 memory cards and wont let me save. Is this a model limitation because there are alot of ppl that can play ps1 games here on older models but i dont see anyone complaining about memory cards? A solution to make it work also will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I use PS1 memory cards on my slim, and they work just fine. Maybe there is a problem with your mc. Have you tried to just insert your PS1 mc without a disc in and go to browser to see if its there.

3. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

Yes i did. It just show "no data." And I have 3 ps1 mc and all are still working with saves in them, i just check just now on my ps1 as it still can let me look in the browser there. And on the ps2 side nothing is wrong as i can save/load ps2 games.

I was thinking of using MCkiller on one of the PS1 mc but im not sure whether it will work or render it totally useless. Should I? or is it just for ps2mc?

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I don't think it works for PS1 mc, neither does mcformat. But you can try it.

5. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

did not worked! :/
    it failed right off the bat but atleast the saves are still there.

6. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yeah thats good then. Didn't think it would work.
    Are these original Sony PS1 memory cards or 3rd party.

7. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

yep! they are all originals. i had 2 3rd-party memory cards before but they didnt last more than two years and of the 3 i have now one of them is almost nine years old and it came with the playstation.

8. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

This is very strange indeed then why it won't save on your PS1 mc.
    I am sorry I couldn't have been more help on this, as it should be able to save to the PS1 mc.
    Have you done a search here on the forum, or google to see if anyone else has issues.

9. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

hmm.., before you mentioned it, i have not. but after i googled abit the suggestions are either incompatibility/3rd-party and having the strips clean. So, i checked with the ps2 manual and it says compatible with scph-1020 which are all my memory cards and they are all made in japan. Then i also did a thorough cleaning but the same problem still. :(

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok well thats about what I found out too. So I guess we can hope somebody with the same PS2 slim as you wil have an opinion on this topic and be able to help you out. Its very baffling as to why it's not working.

11. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

yeah its very discouraging that i think i only saw one other who has a same problem with no solutions given.

12. missingno

missingno Member

Try wiggling the MC around in teh slot. It works for me. ~~~~