1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1 on dvd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cloner, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

Im having probs with getting ps1 cds to boot. Is it possible to put them on a dvd-r, as dvds load perfectly, or would the toc be too small?

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

I had the same problem, but all that was needed was cleaning the laser. I'm not sure if the PS2 can read DVD's when it's in PS1 mode, but you never know. Maybe some kind of loader could work, but I've never heard of one.

3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

load it in ps1 mode like a dvd video and it should lod perfectly fine if not tell me ps2 can read dvd in ps1 mode because that how you play movies and movies supposed to be loaded in ps1 mode!!

4. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

Yeah i tried that and it did the same again. I tried the origanal and after the ps1 logo the laser goes back and forth reading something, but on the backup it tries it then does a sorta 'DDDDD' noise and stop then starts, i dont want to move the laser as my ps2 backups work like a charm, any ideas?

5. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

you have to turn off your chip while playing the game!!

6. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

How the hell do i switch off a neo 2.2?, is there a method to play ps1 games with a flip top if so how?