1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS1/PS2 game backup and modding questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Weirdo007, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Just a couple of quick questions about backing up my collection of games, I really got thinking about it this evening after popping in my old Res Evil Nemesis game and noticed that it took a unusually long time to load when going through doors, changing areas etc etc. I think I am going to start backing as many of them up as I can before they get to the point where the discs are ruined or scratched byond repair and I'm SOL....

To start off, I know I need a chipped PS2 to play backup discs, and I'm looking at the DMS4 Lite since it allows you you to boot any type of media without having to use a flip top, swap magic or anything. Figure I really don't need the Pro version as I don't do much homebrew stuff.

My big question is this: Do I need anything "special" to rip my games, or can I use something like Alch 120% to simply dump the game direct to my HDD and then burn it back to a CD-R or DVD-R? Will the ENTIRE data track stay intact as it dumps? I dumped RE:N earlier and burned it just to compare the original disc with the backup and they look identical. If my PS2 was chipped it could play the backup with no problems right? Any input or suggestions welcome, thxs!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Anyone?

3. JONNY200

JONNY200 Member

yes if your ps2 was chipped it would most probably play perfectly.

4. ivrytwr3

ivrytwr3 Member

I use dvd decrypter. Free and it's like it was designed with backing up ps2 games in mind!!