1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 50k1 with Magic V 50k finally dead

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zedzed, Feb 2, 2004.

1. zedzed

zedzed Guest

Initially had problems getting machine out of sleep mode -http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/65080

Over the weekend after watching some DVDs the machine finally died. Has anyone else been having problems with teh Magic V 50k?

I bought the Magic V becasue folks here gave it good reviews before Christmas - now I am starting to wonder whether it is a good chip or not.

I bought my chip at GoCyberShop.ca - I hope they can do something for me with the chip. After all it worked great for a month and then slowly started to die.

Anyone else have this problem?

Zed

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I have had mine for almost 6 months now and its still kicking. I was going to get mine from gocybershops then decided to go with modchipstore.com.

3. zerogod

zerogod Member

well, apparantly, there's a lot of "fake" magic v's out there... modchip.ca claims they sell the "real" not imitated magic V... and i've never had a problem with them... so, that could be it... other that , no idea..

4. zedzed

zedzed Guest

Update:

I finally took out the chip and the box works OK again. So it must be a defective chip.

I spoke to someone on the phone at GoCyberShop.ca and she told me that she might be able to get me another one under the 30 day manufacturer warranty.

Wish me luck.

How do you tell a real from fake Magic V?

I assume that a place like GoCyberShop would sell real products.

Zed

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

It IS very hard to spot fakes. Think of it this way. I, personally, could connect my Magic 50K to my IC Reader/Writer at work and start burning chips within a couple of minutes - and if my intention was to make my own chips look very close to Magic V's - that could be done as well.

Is it possible that you had a clone? - [bold]yes[/bold]

Is it possible that GoCyberShop installed a clone without knowing it? - [bold]yes[/bold]

Is it possible that your chip failed because it was a clone? - [bold]unlikely[/bold]

Is it possible that there was something wrong with the install? - [bold]probably[/bold]

I think you should really stick to your guns about getting another chip from that vendor - and make them install another one.