1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and Burnt DVD+R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wheel50, Feb 25, 2004.

1. wheel50

wheel50 Guest

I have just purchased a 5001 Ps2 and it does not seem to read burnt DVD+R's. I this normal or are they picky about quality of media. It does read tne only dvd-r that I have. Any help would be apprectiated.

thanks.

2. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

I have a 50001 PS2 and mine does read both DVD-R AND DVD+R....I have yet to try dvd-rw. It could be your media...try using memorex DVD+R or TDK DVD+R. Ive used those and they work fine for me. what game is it? You might need a cd loader....some games require that you boot up a cd loader/ dvd loader.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2004
  3. wheel50

wheel50 Guest

Thanks for the quick reply! Does it have to be chipped first? I am using Mostly Memorex and I will try a TDK.

thanks

4. wheel50

wheel50 Guest

Right now they are just movies on DVD+R that I am trying to play. Games is the next step but I want to be able to do both reasonably well.

5. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

Im using the swap magic disk V.3. My PS2 is not chipped. so i have to use a dvd loader in order for me to play ex. splinter cell and hit man 2.
    what media are you using? what movie? and what application are you using to burn?

i use nero to burn and dvd shrink to decrypt the movie

6. wheel50

wheel50 Guest

I use primarily DVD Xcopy Xpress. I have ony used Nero to copy a copy. I am using Memorex , Maxell, TDK, and Mitsumi DVD+R Media. I have no chip installed yet.

7. Fox278

Fox278 Guest

i never used dvd x copy...but i would recommened dvd shrink, its easy to use and it works great.