1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 and Burnt Dvd's dont Mix?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pmack, Apr 1, 2005.

1. pmack

pmack Member

I Just finished posting about major problems burning the movie "closer" with Fuji Tayio Yudens and every other Media Ive ever tried, when i stumbled upon a thread about dvd player and burnt dvd's not "getting along". Well I just use my brand new "small version" Ps2 for a dvd player, so for kicks I took all my coasters and played them on my computer with intervideo winDVD 6 and they all played flawlessly and didnt skip when they should have. So im coming to the conclusion that it is my ps2. Can it be possible for my ps2 causing all my burns to skip and a month of torment and aggrivation? I would have thought the built-in sony dvd player on the ps2 would be good quality!?

Is my best bet just to go out and buy a dvd player?

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Yes ....

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Some stand alone players can have a few problems playing dvd-r and dvd+r backups.

Those fuji's should be very good media,seeing as you said they are yuden's. MFG YUDEN000-T02 should be your code.

Try slowing down that burn speed from whatever speed you are burning.

Whatever dvd burner you have,if it has the bitsetting option to booktype those dvd+r fuji's to dvd-rom,then use it. Also try some dash format,if you have a dual format burner.

Try another program to burn.Nero and dvd decrypter are widely used.Nero has a 30 day free trial,decrypter is free.

But since your pc plays it's own backups,using the same drive that burned it, then sounds like a burn speed issue.

Buy a dvd player? That's the advice I'd give if you were getting "NO DISC INSERTED" errors.Try slowing down that burnspeed.
    Backups can add the wear and tear on your ps2,so you may want to get another stand alone anyways. Find a local store to purchase one like walmart. If it don't play your backups,take it back for another one.
    Good Luck