1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 AND DVD BACK UPS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by wonadam12, Aug 26, 2004.

1. wonadam12

wonadam12 Guest

WHAT IS A GOD SOFTWARE TO BACK UP MY DVD AND PS2 DISCS

2. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

i use dvd decrypter for ps2 games put the game in dvd-r/rw and go to MODE ISO Read let the game rip to your hard drive then when its done put in your dvd-r media then go to MODE ISO write Put your Speed on 1x then burn that's all to it for me I use Maxell media try not to use cheap media in store But there are some cheap ones online called ritek dvd-r not dvd+r that you can use i heard there great

3. wonadam12

wonadam12 Guest

I HAVE PURCHASED A MULTIFORMAT DVD+RW DVD-RW & CD-RW
    WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OF A SOFTWARE THAT CAN DO BOTH PS2 AND DVD

4. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

1st-learn to use CAPS LOCK
    2nd-as 2kwic said...DVD Decrypter is a good software for both PS2 & DVD
    3rd-I use Maxell for media, and are the best
    4th-you should only buy DVD-R, as they are the most compatible with all PS2 consoles, and all DVD players

5. wonadam12

wonadam12 Guest

Once I have back-up my dvd/PS2.You normally delete movie from HDD?

6. wonadam12

wonadam12 Guest

I created a backup to my HDDuseing one dics.Now When I want to put it one disc it want to use 2 of them

7. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

First, you can keep the file on your hd if you want, I always keep my iso files in case I have a prob with the original. Second, the way you describe it I would say you tried to backup a DVD9... Normal DVDs can hold 4.7Gb but some DVD are what they call DVD9, they can contain more than 4.7Gb. You obviously can't copy the whole disc on only one 4.7Gb disc. If you are copying a movie you can either put it on 2 discs or use a program like DVD Shrink to make a copy on 1 disc but to do you'll have to remove some extras, languages and compress the image. I'm not sure if you can backup PS2 games on DVD9.

EDIT : Typos

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004