1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and games was stolen from me:(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Zero-X, May 5, 2003.

1. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Hello all,
    First i want to say this is one of the best forums i ever seen. There some really smart people here.(exp.Dextrslab man your smart) I guess everyone smart compared to me lol. Well my problem was that some one broke in to my house and stoled my stuff including my gaming systems. The PS2 was my favorite of all the ones i had and like many of you guys i'm sure you all have a large labiry of games. I know had alot but not any more :(. I don't want this to happen to me any again so from now on i'm going to back-up all my games. The cops never found the person or persons who did it so i couldn't get my stuff back. I bought a new PS2 v.7 and a new PS1.I have no problems with the PS1 cause it's so easy to do stuff with it. I've been looking every where for reviews on mod chips and i'm think on the buying the flip-cover with swap magic or the magic 3.1 chip. The flip cover i know i can install but the chip looks hard and i know i won't be able to do it. I called a store and they said that they will install it for $110 dollars. Is that a good price? Or if anyone knows of any stores or people that can do it for less in the Marlyland/Washington DC area plaese PM me. I got nero(demo). I'm getting the real version with my next pay check. I got a samsung CD-R/RW SW224B drive. Can i make PS2 back up with the burner i got? Also is there a way u can keep the data saved on your hard drive just any cause i loss,brake your use as a frizzby the orgianl copy? I was reading and i never saw the answer so was anyone succfull in putting a on/off swicth on the magic 3.1?If any one has any tips or hint to how to make good copy tahnx for the time. For every one else that reads this please i hope this dosn't happen to you so don't let it happen to you. Lock all your windows and doors and if possiable have a room(game room) where u keep all your systems and games with a good door and lock._

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2003
  2. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

Yea stolen stuff sucks few yewars ago i let a so called freind boory my ps1 and Gran trisomo 2 went to get t later and they said they needed money so they pawned it offf somewhere. i was liek thanks.....

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

You don't need an on/off switch for a magic 3.1. Make sure you don't get a clone, the latest version is 3.1. I recommend modchip.ca but go to wherever you would like, I paid 200$ for the chip installed in canadian dollars (around 150$ american) and it works pro. To turn the modchip off all you have to do is turn the ps2 into standby mode then when you turn it back on, just hold the red button for 3 seconds. Bam, your modchip is off.

4. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

I know that, I'm talking about after you get the game to boot then if u could use a switch to turn it off. Cause theres should be no reason that the chip stills need to be on. And if it stays on it will overheat and frezze the game.

5. sdf

sdf Guest

just wanna say that magic 3.1 doesnt overheat and then freeze the game.

and modchipman.com will mod your ps2 for 60 dollars. im not sure about the details of shipping and stuff, heres a link: http://www.modchipman.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=33

and if you want i can give you a serial number for that nero, so you dont have to buy one, email me: goldsilver28@hotmail.com or add me on msn messenger.

and yes, you can make cd backups with your cd burner,just make sure you buy good quality disks. Such as Verbatim or Ritek.

and youll need a dvd burner to copy dvd games, or you can buy dvd backups for $10 at

http://www.shopatchris.com

you can even buy the magic 3.1 modchip there. Its not fake, its real.(actually, thats knida expensive, maybe try http://www.consolesource.com/playstation2/p2-m31-mod.htm if you want magic 3.1)

and yes, you can copy the game onto your harddrve, so if the backup brakes, just make a new cd, from the harddrive.

and i havent installed a switch for the magic 3.1 cuz like i said, it dont overheat. longest i played with modchip on was 10 hrs. nothing bad happeend.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2003
  6. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Thanx for the info SDF. I'm checking those websites out. But for the serial number no thanx. I wouldn't feel right using some one elses serial number. I'm sure i'll have some money left over from my next pay check to buy nero.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2003
  7. ps2hopie

ps2hopie Member

hey .Zero-x i live in maryland/washington dc. too,send me email . buy me m2 chip . i will do it for you free .

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

SDF, we do not condone piracy of any form here. Edit your message immediately. This is your only warning. Next time, you will be banned. Please read the rules.