1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 And HD Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manning07, Jan 26, 2007.

1. manning07

manning07 Member

Hello Afterdawn Members.
    I have a question. It has probably been answered a hundred times, but here goes: I have a ps2 with a eth/mod network adapter, and a western digital hard drive that required a little mod to get it connected. It is on the compat. list so I do not think this is the issue. Anyway I am connected through a hub to my home network but the network isnt seeing the playstation. I was just wanting to makesure all is well before buying hdloader/advance wich ever is the better of the two. Is there anyway to get the computer to recognise the hd on the playstation so i can format it. It was a harddrive out of one of my spare pcs. I was also wondering what can you do with a hd on the ps2 other than load games can you view the contents such as pics music etc. And is there a free version of hdloader i could download to see if I would want to purchase the full version. Thanks In advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you need to put the hard drive in the PC as a slave drive and use Winhiip to format it and get it set up for PS2

3. manning07

manning07 Member

Thanks I will do that. Getting it ready for the playstation requires i do what after formatting. I am sorry if this is a stupid question. New to the playstation upgrading. And do you know where to get a trial version of the hdloader or advance to see if it is right for me. I mean to see if I will be able to get it working. Thanks.