1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and ripped games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nikij, Apr 23, 2003.

1. nikij

nikij Member

my mum's buying a ps2 from India for 200$, and each game there is 3$. So obviously they're ripped. my question is do ripped games has a lesser over all quality compared to a real one? And if there are any problems with ripped versions?

Since the games are ripped the ps2 probably has a mod chip in it. Will the console be compatable with real games as well?

thanx.

2. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

So you are from India?? Where do you live? Well the only difference between ripped and original is
    1. Quality of CD
    2. Rips are not so reliable and do not have videos/cutscenes

Your Playstation 2 console will play originals.

3. nikij

nikij Member

i live in america, my mum's there for a month visiting family. Ripped copies do not have videos/cutscenes? what r those (sorry not familarized with everything yet). do u mean the videos in the game? so in a game like Final Fantasy X, if it was ripped, i wouldn't c any of the movies the games has to offer ? which is alot

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah rips pretty much are crap. the quality of gameplay is usually less. most of the videos and stuff are not there because in order to "rip" a dvd based game to cdr, the size has to be shrunk to fit, meaning you loose the unnecessary stuff like videos. i ripped SOCOM once and it was horrible, the screen was dark, you could barely see to play. I got a rip of vice city that my friend was experimenting with and it played ok, but none of the videos were there, in my opinion, rips are just not worth the trouble of doing it, or playing them. but you should be fine with real backups.

5. Smuth_Joe

Smuth_Joe Member

if socom was dark then u ripped it wrong probably cuz i dled a rip of it and it was fine, i just had to further rip it cuz i dont think my no solder chip plays 74+min rips...so i think i cut out the credits and some other unnecessary movie but anyway it plays fine, and the movies r there but downsampled
    btw i of course prefer dvd vers i just mean rips arent as bad as people say

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah i've had a couple that were ok, but for the most part i've not had good luck with them.