1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and USB External HD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Jammiez, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

Hey guys umm i have got one of the old ps2 consoles and most of my ps2 games are getting warn out and scratched and my ps2 laser is starting to lose it. i also have got a 40 GB USB External HD for my computer that it empty is there a way i can plug the HD USB into the PS2 and load my ps2 games from there to save the life of my laser a little more? i don't have a mod chip or any swap magic tools either.... and hay this is just a question i understand if it cant be done.

thankz
    jamie

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yes you can! by using USBAdvance.

3. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

oh man dont i have to buy that :(

4. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

No. USBeXtreme is the one you need to buy. USBAdvance does basically the same thing but its free. You can put the games on using USBeXtremes free software
    http://www.hdadvance.com/download/
    and play them with USBAdvance. I don't have a download link for USBAdvance handy right now, but it is a .ELF file so you will need a way to load it. Swap Magic or Action Replay MAX with the media center thing are the easiest ways to load I can think of.

5. Jammiez

Jammiez Guest

ok so far this sounds good but i dont hav swap magic or action replay.... is there some other way i can do it?

and if so could someone please wirite out a step by step tutorial
    on how this is done it would mean the world to me?

but yer just keep in mind i dont have swap magic or action replay

thankz
    Jamie

6. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

Hi ppl,there is a new way here my new thread and youtube video how to get the Xploit to memorycard with HdAdvance 3.0!
    Yes you understand right,a new chance to do this.
    I prove it with the youtube video.
    So we have 4 options to make the Xploit Swap,compiled cd(chipped ps2),Action Replay and now with HdAdvance!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/544694

7. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

i forgot one thing look at the compatibility list from external hdd`s(http://www.ps2hd.com/list/)it sucks,try to get an ps2 networkadapter(hard to get but possible).

8. saadfz331

saadfz331 Member

hi .. i just wanted to know that whether i can attach my hdd using usb to ide cable to my ps2. Has anyone tried it. does it work? thanks in advance...
    waitin for reply
    i hav usb advance.i hav fat ps2 v7.