1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 and XBOX compatability

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by roana, Jan 17, 2003.

1. roana

roana Member

Dear all, have just burned two movies to DVD-R using the A05 and Infimum media at 4X. Both movies worked perfectly on the PS2, menus etc. but only one worked on the XBOX. I had heard rumours that the XBOX wasn't compatible with writable media, but it played my first movie fine( original DVD under 4 Gig) but the second I had re-encoded/muxed with ReMpeg/IfoEdit and burned using Nero and just can't figure out what's gone wrong? Any suggestions greatly appreciated . Best Wishes .

2. isaac420

isaac420 Guest

What type of media did you use....?

I have a sony dru500a and have burned a sony dvd+rw, memorex dvd+rw and both worked as movie and well as games...

wanna try riteks, as both also.. been reading some kewl...but none really saying they really work (none that ive found).. Also wanna know if anyone has tried accu dvd-r media in a ps2 v7, and in standalone dvd players...?

thanx

3. tony140

tony140 Member

I also have had mixed results with playback on the Playstation 2 (version 5, Magic 2 chip). One DVD I burned was some video clips, used Ulead Dvd Workshop to burn, and it played fine in my Playstations 2. The second disc was a backup of Goldmember, burned using imgtools and Nero, and it skips in my Playstation (however, it plays fine in my APex 3201 stand alone). Both discs were Ritek 1x Dvd-r from allmediaoutlet.com for a little over a dollar a peice. Anyone else have problems with skipping in the playstation 2?

4. whompus

whompus Active member

when doing movie for xbox in nero need to do it in dvd rom udf not dvd video then click udf tab and make sure it is set to force dvd video compatability udf

5. zmz

zmz Member

Nero does not compatible with most player and it does not work on xbox. Use RecordNow.