1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 audio skipping

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by absynthe, Oct 1, 2004.

1. absynthe

absynthe Member

Hi, i'm new to the forum, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

Here's the deal- I burn my PS2 backups on Maxell DVD-Rs, I've read that they're pretty good. Most everything works fine, except the audio tracks (ambient sound, music- but NOT sound effects) often skip during gameplay. An example: I backed up my Star Wars: Battlefront, and everything except the sound works fine. the game loads fast, the levels load fast, and gameplay is smooth, but the background music always skips.

The interesting thing is, the game works perfectly on my friend's ps2. We both have different modchips; I think he has something called Apple and I have one called Magic, but I'm not certain.

so basically I'm not sure what the problem is...my guess is that it is either A) the modchip or B) the lens...though i'm not completely sure if it even is either of the two. Again, I'm new here so any help at all is appreciated..

Thanks in advance,

Alex

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

did u burn the game at 1X? sometime it'll help.

3. absynthe

absynthe Member

hm...i just tried that, but the audio track still skips during gameplay...another thing i forgot to mention- the videos between battles (videos from the movies) are also ultra-skippy. any other suggestions? thanks though..

alex

4. 91ranger

91ranger Member