1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 back-up cd's

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by batmn419, Feb 25, 2005.

1. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

i dont know how to back up a ps2 game.I dont know what a modchip is .I have some programs that can burn games [ game clone, nero 6].can u tell me step by step how. Can you burn a dvd to a cdr because i dont have a dvd burner

2. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

can any 1 reply pleezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

wow, 9 minutes after posting you want a response.

I should just laugh at you and tell you to do some searching on here. you need to read the hardware or software boot forums. They can help you.

I'm thinking I should be a J-Hole to you.

If you use DVD-Decrypter you can rip the game to your computer. Then delete the *.ISO file, and burn the MDS file.

If I wanted to be nice I would tell you that you need either a modchip, or Swap Magic as well as a DVD burner to burn the games.

But I prefer being a J-Hole.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

OK JoeNoob, calm down. I answered your post didn't i?
    well i'll help him out too.
    1 get a DVD burner if you don't have on
    2. find out what type of media it will burn like DVD-R or DVD+R then go out and buy some blank DVD's
    3. download DVD Decrypter from their home page
    4. buy a fliptop or slide card online at a place like ps2ownz.com
    5. where you can also get swap magic discs, you can usually get a package deal with the discs and flip top.
    i sugest the flip top rather than the slidecard because it is easier to learn to use and not too hard to install one.
    6. once you do all that then you can ask how to back up your games and someone will help you. until you do all that there is just no reason to explain it all because you could burn one but would not be able to play it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  5. WEStar

WEStar Active member

rip the game to your computer and delete the *.iso,and burn the MDS file.? are you trying to be a j-hole or was that some kind of typo? 'cause if anything it'd be the other way around where you'd delete the .mds file and burn the .iso in which case dvddecrypter would say something like "next time choose the .mds file"

6. Odintu

Odintu Member

Would a DVD-RW or +RW work with the backup of PS2 games?

And what is the recommended write speed?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  7. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

you probably want to refrain from using RWs, and the slowest speed to burn at is preferable as that causes the least amount of errors.

As for being a J-hole, yes I just kind of fail to grasp how someone could find this site and not know the difference between a DVD and a CD burner...

8. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

cant u burn a dvd without a dvd burner. do u know how to burn it woth a cdrw

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  9. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I have dvd-rom drive

10. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yea now i understand why joen00b posted like that....:)
    of course u CANNOT burn dvds without a dvd burner, try searching the forums for all ur other questions..