1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 back up good but not so good

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dap, Feb 21, 2003.

1. dap

dap Guest

ok here the deal i backed up a few games using a pioner dvd 104 using ritek media using nero i also tried primodvd and i have the v7 no soldr pnp modchip.now my problem is that the games work and load perfect but when you watch a cinemma of the back up game it skipps what can that be and is anyone else experince this and what suggestions you have to have the gams perfect. plus on vice city i get disk load errors why?

2. jr_

jr_ Guest

I have never used or tested ritek media so I won't bad mouth it but, I would suggest you try one of the more expensive brands.
    Buy some Verbatim and if you have still have a problem clean your laser lens. I have also found Fugi Film to be very good for PS2.
    If it won't work with Verbatim and a clean lens then your probably going to have to get your assembly calibrated. Sony does a poor job on this.
    I think the better reflectivity of the Verbatim's will do the trick for you.

3. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I use Memorex DVD+R and there have been no problems with this type of media for me. I can also use DVD+RW. I think it mostly depends on the version of PS2 you have and not the media. There are many threads here that outline the PS2 versions that have trouble with DVD-R+R(W) and so on.

4. dap

dap Guest

naa i have v7 ps2 and i use dvd-rs for backing up ps2 dvd based games but still dont under stand why i get slight skiping on the movies in games and why on vice city i get dsk error when i play? more info help please

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I use Platinum DVD+r and DVD+rw. They are the cheapest here and boot fine ! I stick to them now.
    Also used Verbatim and HP.

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I don’t have any experience with ripping DVDs to CDs but don’t you remove the movies on the DVD version to fit it on a CD? Perhaps the CD read technology on the PS2 is not up to speed to be able to read bit streams that was originally designed for a DVD. Any way, buy a DVD+R for $200 and be done with it. Never have to worry about ripping or loosing anything. Record Now Max.....Copy DVD.....Boom!

7. jr_

jr_ Guest

You can't make an judgement based on: "This works for me so it's ok for everyone"

I have told this before but here goes:

My family has 4 PS2's all V7 3 magic 3.1's 1 messiah 2 Pro.
    All PS2's are less than 6 months old.
    I made backups of GTA VC using several different media to see which was the best to use. Each one was played for 1 hour.
    DRE = Disk Read Error

1 PS2 reads everything no errors
    3 PS2's had DRE's with brand P????
    2 PS2's had DRE's with brand Ma????
    1 PS2 had DRE's with brand Me????
    Fuji and Verbatims work on all 4 no errors.

After this was done I took the P???? brand copy and made a copy to Verbatim using this copy as a source. It worked flawless on all 4 PS2's.
    This eliminated the possiblility of a bad burn.

This means to me:
    a. PS2 vary in their ablility to read backups
    b. The reflectivity varies with brands. The more expensive tend to work better.

PS: The one that reads everything is not the Messiah 2 in case your wondering.