1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 back-up help

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by WillC3, Sep 6, 2004.

1. WillC3

WillC3 Member

ok I got me a ps2 flip-top cover... I got the swap discs. but now I have a few problems I don't know how to satraighten out

1.) I burned a copy of my street fighter EX3 & it loads fine... but for some reason everytime I play in the arena 1 PL vs cpu tag battles & use volcano rosso the game freezes.

I re-burnt it on a better cd & it still freezes... what could the problem be?

2.) my dvd swap disc won't load... it'll load the CD icon on the screen but when I press x, the screen goes black, flickers & goes right back to the mem card / game disc screen.

any help... anyone?

2. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

Hey, Yeah swapmagic company has given out faulty swap magic cd discs, i purchased it a while ago and posted on the forums it seems ALOT of other people have the same exact problem. But the Dvd swapmagic disc works fine

3. WillC3

WillC3 Member

well my ps2 is a ver 10. I put my dvd swap magic disc in my youngest bro's ps2 (ver 9) & it wouldn't work there either...

so for kicks I stuck it in my younger bro's ps2 (older version) & it worked perfectly fine

I read somewhere that ver 9-10 ps2's won't play the swap discs... probably gotta wait for a newer version to come out :\

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the dvd version of swap magic works in every version ps2. id sent it back for a replacement.