1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 back up help.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Z3r0x7, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

I know about swap magic pro and the no solder mod chip. But i have seen something about useing gameshark to boot backups. I have a gameshark 2 and am geting the no solder mod chip in the mail soon. And was asking around about the gameshark boot thing but know clue. Long story short is the no solder mod chip a better idea then the swap magic/ card thing or then normal gameshark boot. And for burning the dvds i use Alcohol 120% is that good?

2. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

Sorry for posting twice but i couldint find the edit butten and i forgot to ask something. Can you put ps2 games on cd-rs i here that you can. And if so can any one tell me how that works?

3. mull3t

mull3t Member

In regards with your question about PS2 games on CD-r I think you can do that with some games but obviously the games have to be around 800mb for them to fit on a CD-R, you need the CD loader of swap magic (thats what I use to boot them)

Most Ps2 games nowadays any way are in between 2gb - 4.5gb so they only fit on DVD+r/-R disks.

Alchol burning program is good but me personally I use DVD decrypter and burn at the lowest speed.

Ive alwasy opted for the boot disks to play my back ups, becuase if you mess up with a Mod chip then uve had it, and uve gotta buy a new ps2, Swap magic disks do exactly the same so I know which one id have.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well i agree, i use DVD Decrypter also. It is free and updated often.
    As far as games on a CD-R, i would just stick to DVD's, and good DVD's at that. Do not try to save money and buy some cheap no name crap. Because then you will just end up throwing half of them away trying to burn games and failing. As far as the mod chip goes it all depends on which one you get.
    I have a V7 with a fliptop and use Swap Magic and it works just fine.
    But then i also have a slim PSTwo with a DMS4 Pro chip in it and it is a whole different thing, and much easier.
    With Swap Magic you can run into a few problems, not big one's but still problems.
    1.using games from other regions (PAL on NTSC or the opposite) will work but you will have a slight bit of the screen cut off
    2.if you want to use cheats be prepared to do a bit of swapping and using 3 different discs, Swap Magic, DVDLoader, & your cheat disc.
    3.and last but not least some games, not many but some, you will have to rebuild or patch for them to work with Swap Magic right.

You will have none of these problems with the right mod chip.
    My suggestion is the DMS series with the ToxicOS

5. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

Well any of you guys know about the "no-solder mod chip" if thats any good? I dont know how to solder and i don't know anyone who can. What i was talking about with cdr-s is that i seen that some guy had devil may cry 1 on 3 cdrs how do you do that?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  7. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest

8. Z3r0x7

Z3r0x7 Guest