1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 back up problems!

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by IGZ007, Nov 26, 2004.

1. IGZ007

IGZ007 Member

Hi people,

I need some help with backing up my PS2 games. I have been using DVD Decrypter for about 6 weeks and all was good all the games i backed up were working. The last 5 games i have backed up just wont work.

The steps i follow below
    DVD decrypter
    ISO read
    and the ISO write

I have also tried DVD decrypter ISO read and the Alcho 120% write but all i get on my PS2 is just a black screen.

Who ever can help me plz advise me of what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

2. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

Hay first off it'd help if we knew what gamers you were trying to back up. Like we me I was having trouble with a game, I came here searched for the game and it turns out there is a trick to it.

Next thing to ask your self have you changed type of media? I guess I'm lucky, evething I've thrown at mine it works. Anyhow.

CK

3. IGZ007

IGZ007 Member

I have tried Need for Speed Uderground 2, GTA San Adreas and a couple of the older ps2 games.

Media are you refering to the type of black DVD's im using?

I have followed the steps from a guide but maybe my settings are stuffed up. Im not to sure.

IGZ

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  4. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

igz what version ps2 and mod chip do u have?
    and captn can u detail the steps u take including the equip you have?
    thanx

seems most ppl respond w/that FAQ link, which is ok but id rather hear it from someone whose had success doing it describe it in detail

5. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

This is how I do it. I take DVD Decrypter and make an ISO file from the PS2 DVD. Then I burn the ISO file with Nero 6.3. I burn at the slowest speed it will let me.

I have a PS2 V9 and the Swap Magic 2.0 DVD and 3.2 CD as well as a fliptop case.

I have a Pioneer DVD reader that I use for all my ripping and I have a sony DRU-700A dvd burner. As far as buring media I have used Verbatim -R 4X as well as 8X and I've used Memorex +R 4X. The only game I have ran into a probelm with was Bloodrayne 2 and I can get that booted using the cd swap disc and Devil May Cry as my TOC disc.

Hope this helps.

CK

6. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

its ppl like you that makes this forum great...thanx alot for your help...ive ordered the flip-top and i cant wait to try it.