1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Back-ups not booting up

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dsrtrat2, Nov 27, 2004.

1. dsrtrat2

dsrtrat2 Guest

Backing up games using DVD Decyrpter iso/read and iso/write. Writing at 1x. Hav Modchip dms4 lite installed on ps2 v10. Using fugifilm dvd-r midia. Keep getting message to insert a ps2 disk when trying to boot the game. Is there something I should be doing to get these back-ups to boot up? What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Well it sounds like your doing everything rite. The problem might be the chip. Its possible that it wasn't installed properly.

3. dsrtrat2

dsrtrat2 Guest

Had ModChipMan install the chip. Will hav to contact them I guess. Thank you very much.

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

No problem man.

5. gamelord2

gamelord2 Guest

dude,
    I think I know what the problem is. I am having the same problem. I found out that the bios that comes from the factory WILL NOT boot dvd or cd games for the ps2 but will boot back-ups of PSOne games. What you have to do is get the TOXiC bios flash. I found that by doing that, you are at least able to play ps2 cd games. If you can get the dvd games to work using the toxic flash, please let me know as I have wasted about a total of 100 DVD's of different kinds of media trying to get it to work.

I have a version 4 PS2 and the DMS4 Lite with the TOXiC Flash.

If you need the bios, contact me and I can e-mail it.

Peace

6. gamelord2

gamelord2 Guest

I was having problems and now they are fixed. I had to recheck all my connections. Make sure the ground is larger is guage then the rest of the wires and crosses as few as possible and only once and is as short as you can get it. Also, If you are still having problems, tear apart the dvd-rom and clean the lens. After I was done doing all that I had no problem playing backed up games and my originals load a lot faster as well. If you clean the lens (I suggest taking the dvd-rom apart to do it then use a cleaner that is on a cd) you may want to run the diagnostic under the ps2 options to refocus the lens. Press traingle at the main menu when you turn on the system w/o a disc in the tray (the screen that has browser and configuration)

Also, use 4x -r media if at all possible and burn them as slow as possible. If you need to use +r then use very high quality burn as slow as possible (Verbatim is a very good choice for media in either + or - R) Memorex 4x -r is very good as well.

Like I said before, get the toxic bios flash as well or u will only be able to run PSOne games that are backed up.

I have all the programs that you will need to do backups of everything, including the DiscID and IDpatcher and the bios updates. let me know if you need them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2004
  7. dsrtrat2

dsrtrat2 Guest

Yes I got it ot work. I had to flash the the chip with the latest bios. You have to copy the que/bin file onto a cd-r in form of an image file. Used Nero for that. AS soon as did the system recoginized the cd-r and I followed the on-screen instructions. The chip was flashed and I can now game with original or backup games.

8. Djsplyce

Djsplyce Member

Hi, dsrtrat2,
    I seen that you got the bios upgrade to work for your ps2 with the DMS4 Pro modchip...what update did you use for the bio flash? Was it the one that DMS technologies listed as the bios upgrade for the system or was it the toxic bios? Can you send me the bios link or post it here in this forum??? Thanks.

9. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

you might not be doing anything wrong. it might be the game disc. or it might be the mod installed. it might not be for your version of ps2 or it wasn't installed right. or the discs your burning the games onto might be crap.

10. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

what bios are you using, DMS Bios v0.02 or Toxic bios v1.0 or 1.1?