1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 back ups with nero or ds decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by daking4uk, Oct 3, 2004.

1. daking4uk

daking4uk Member

hi, i'm having problems backing up my ps2 games, can some one help.

i've just got a lit-on dvd writer that copies everything including dual layer, i've tried using nero to copy the games but it cant even read my disks, and i've used ds decrypter but that won't do it either. i'm using verbatim dvd-r, and +r disks.

can some one tell me what i'm doing wrong please ??
    Dave

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

what games? and what mod do you have?

3. daking4uk

daking4uk Member

i'm not sure what mod i've got in, its a something 3, supposed to be same as messiah one or better.

i've tried a few gams, incl. manhunt, dynasty warriors 3, ghost hunter, final fantasy, pes3, devil may cry, worms 3d.

only one i could get to even read is worms 3d, i just get errors all the time, i've updated the aspi and have that working now but just doesn't seem to read anything in nero. it is only the oem version, that be my problem ??

4. Shatter

Shatter Member

I have a similiar problem. I have a liteon dual layer dvd drive. I used dvd decrypter to burn my games, but it seems to work once in a while. It took me three trys of doing the same thing to burn one game. I used sony dvd-r which were not listened as recommended Dvd-rs for the drive. Also 1x is not available with the drive (2x,4x).Is Liteon really reliable or is it the dvd-rs? I'm ready to send the drive back. I never had any problems with my old cd drive.
    Oh, and I have the DMS3 chip.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  5. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Shatter and Dave,

For whatever reason my Ps2 does not like premium media..I am not familar with the sony but 9/10 times the problem is the media...here is a way for you to know if it's your burner...Burn a video and test it on your pc and then on a stand alone player...if it reads on either one...its not your burner and then maybe not even your media...My PS2 like I said doesn;t like certain media...dosn't mean its bad....just doesn't read it..Mine plays Princo, Optodisc,Prodisc really well and the other stuff...forget about it...so my suggestion is buy a sampler pack from a reputable place like rima.com or newegg.com and last case supermediastore and see what works best for your ps2. Oh and just so oyu know...Lite-On can be ok..I have one and as long as I use the media that works for me...always a good burn.