1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 back ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by drew2005, Nov 27, 2002.

1. drew2005

drew2005 Member

if i burn a ps2 back up on to a dvd+rw will it work? all i have is a sony dvd+rw burner and i was wondering if i could make ps2 back ups with it?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  2. Pehu

Pehu Member

Only if your PS2 is PAL v5 or newer. If it is older, it doesn't understand +R disks - I have not tested this theory myself, but I heard from various boards that this is the case.

Also, when backing up movies, you should use UDF version 1.50 or better with PS2 in order to get the best compatibility (goes with -R disks as well).

New Nero burner software can let you choose the UDF version being used. Dunno about the rest.

Pehu

3. Docweird

Docweird Member

DVD+R discs work fine on my old V3 PS2. DVD+RW discs are the ones I have problems with.

+RWs work in my friend's PS2, which is of the newest version.

4. burninwiz

burninwiz Guest

Hey was up I have been "backing up" Plastation games for over 2 years now. (Why can't they admit they pirate games.) But I have just started to back up PS2 CD games and its no problem. It really does work, but you do need a gameshark and a Modchip to play the burned PS2 games. But I just got my DVD Burner on the sale after Thanks Giving the other day, and I am trying to burn PS2 DVD ROM games with my burner. And could any of you tell me how to burn a PS2 DVD ROM game?

5. burninwiz

burninwiz Guest

I am trying to use a DVD-RW format disk to burn the game on.

6. drew2005

drew2005 Member

hey Docweird,
    what kind of modchip do u have in your ps2?

7. oni103

oni103 Member

Hi I plan to to put in a mod chip in my Ps2 and burn games. So I was wondering if I could get som suggestions on what type to get, what program is dummy proof burning games on to dvd, and I also wondering does anybody have any experience with the mod chips that plug into the usb port. If so can you tell if it works well. Thank you all!!

8. Smartman1

Smartman1 Guest

Is this all i need to succesfully burn and play ps2 games?

Panasonic DVD-R & DVD-RAM Recorder
    DVD-R discs
    Magic 2 modchip
    nero