1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 back-ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mmp, Feb 28, 2004.

1. mmp

mmp Guest

i am new to this and have been using recordnowDX to back-up ps2 games, I successfully backed up 2 games using TDK DVD+R 1-4x discs but when I tried the same method using Panasonic DVD-R 1-4x discs my ps2 machine would not recognise it. I have spent a fortune on discs recently and would like to know if these Panasonic discs should work? or should I buy the TDK discs? so far I hav managed to waste lots of discs!!!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if one brand works dont buy another... if the tdk worked use them.. no need to buy another brand...

3. mmp

mmp Guest

ok, thanx for that. I am actually doing all this for my kids. I just noticed something you wrote to another newbie and can I tell you.. the games I hav been trying to back-up are rented from our local DVD rental store! the games I ripped successfully are games my kids own. are the rental games impossible to back-up? I hav no idea! all i know is I backed - up their own games no problem but cant get the hired ones to work atall....?

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i have tried to copy rented games and it has worked, altho it piracy , i only did it cuz my real game was really really scratched

5. mmp

mmp Guest

I am also only backing - up games my kids already owned but have been damaged sooo bad they wont play no more.. hence how I am backing up rented games!

6. mmp

mmp Guest

to test my theory, 1 of my kids friends has just brought his LOTR return of the king game round for me to try back-up as i did successfully with recordnow DX and I will use the panasonic DVD-R disc.

7. gfish

gfish Guest

I use DVD decrypter to back-up my PS2 games, it works very well and its free and works with most DVD-R's

go on to www.dvddecrypter.com

8. mmp

mmp Guest

everyone has been very helpfull... but can i just ask... 1 straight answer... I cant copy rented ps2 games? why? apart from it being illegal.. I am aware of that..

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

rented games scrached beyond belif LITERALY the only reason you cant copy them cuz to much scraches makes it imposible to copy... i dont bother with rents... waste of money imo...

10. mmp

mmp Guest

ok, thanx for your help Cyp.... I have found out the hard way as av wasted many many dvd's!!!!!! trying to copy them!! lol... btw... my kids friends lotr return of the king didn't work either!! I think I was just lucky with the 2 that worked for me... am beginning to wish I never bothered getting their ps2 chipped! as its driving me nuts!!!

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

belive me dude i have the same problem as you... but i dont have kids i got me ex gf(it's much worse then kids).... i got her a ps2 for her bday... and chipped it and made her few backups to play... not only i had to make multiple times the same backup... i had to do it every 1 or 2 months.. she wont just put it in the case... she just leaves lyin around... god i wish i never gave her that ps2... :/

12. mmp

mmp Guest

lol... sounds just as bad as my kids!! I keep telling them to not leaving them lying around the floor... but still they do!! I give up!!! so tell me... is it only viable to really make a back-up of a brand new game? as there are no scratches etc? and... I suppose the lotr return of the king didn't work as it was propably all scratched too? it seemed ok too...Was I just lucky with the 2 that worked? or do u think its the TDK discs that r the answer for me? as I hav no TDK dvd's left and only Panasonic 1's...am lost!! lol

13. mmp

mmp Guest

and btw... I must be stupid as av been trying to do this all day... whilst my 2 kids are behind me playin their ps2!!!!!

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

TDK stick to them like glue... if they work USE THEM... dont use other brand... belive me... if you will you will lose your time.. money.. and probably your temper(i know i would)... so use ONLY TDK if they work... as for backup the LOTR it was proably with scraches if it didnt work.. do this dude if they scrach the game scrare them and say no more ps2 FOR 2 MONTHS!! then they will stop i knwo it worked cuz my ex stoped scraching them... after 2 times that i yell at her and toke the ps2 away... but trust me it works..

15. kaotic

kaotic Guest

ello!

maybe it not a good idea to say you copy rental games... whole web site could be closed down and then where would i go to sort out my problems? hair will start to go grey.... will have to send you hair stylists bill!

Soz i cant help you, new to all this :)

16. liljoe

liljoe Guest

hey,

everyone i wanted to know whats the best software to backup ps2 games.also can u play backup games without a modchip?

17. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

kaotic - relax dude this aint against the rules hes not going to copy any more rents... cuz it's pointless.. half of the posts here are talked about rents anyway.. then again who knows...

liljoe - do a search man... this one has been asked over 200000 times... and im not kidding.... do a search and find out..

18. mmp

mmp Guest

I can say... 100% I will not be tryin to back-up anymore rents..... infact.... I doubt I will be doing anything again..... but thank u all and especially Cyp... for all the advise...

19. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you very much welcome dude...

see i told you no point in doing backup of rents...

and remmber love every one and hate eyetie cuz hes a dumba**...