1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backing up True Crime Streets of LA??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Terrafox, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

Hello!

I followed the guide on here and tried the DVD decrypter. When I insert the disc in my ps2 and do use the Swap magic trick. Then when the game starts it shows the intro movies and then when they are done there is a black screen for 5 secs then it says "please insert psx or ps2 disk"?? Have i burned it wrong? I used a DVD-R disc.

I would like to know also if any of you have backed up this game? If so how and which app? I would like to know how to backup the ps2 dvd games with Nero. Shall i simply choose "Save track" and what settings ect.

Thank you and please help me thanks

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

this game requires the use of cd loader to boot with swap magic they can be downloaded from below just get the version to suit your version of ps2 and to backup games with nero just use the disc to disc copy option(but not on the fly)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  3. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

well thanks a million my friend! In the future how do i know what games neew cdloader? Or perhaps i could include it in all of them? What if i want to burn from an image, I have made an image of true crime in Nero6, how do i use it? thanks

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to burn a image in nero 6 open nero and cancel the complation page click on file and select open.(new window opens)From the bottom dropdown box select all files then from the top drop down box browse to were you saved your image select it then select open then check write and finalise cd are ticked select your burn speed then click burn

this site contains games that require cd loader and problem games with swap magic and there fixes http://www.swapmagicfix.com/
    hope this helps
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/

cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  5. derryl

derryl Member

Do you still require the cd loader if your PS2 has the md chip installed?

6. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

Yes that was very helpful! Thanks bro.

7. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

according to what i can see I have a v7 or v8 how do i know which one? the model number is 39004

8. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

what am i supposed to do with the cdloader app? plz tell me exactly how I am a n00b in this field! I would like to use Nero6 if possible thanks!

9. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

I have burned the cdloader 5,1 beta on a cdr using nero6. Then I put the Swap Magic 3,0 cd version(SMC) in the drive an turn on the ps2. When its done i switch it with the cdloader disk(CDL)via the slide card (SC) then I press eject and insert my Swap magic DVD 2,0 disk (SMD). then i press X now it says insert a Dvd-r disk by EA method, then i put in my true crime back up disk and press X, the intro loads after that the screen turns first pink then curry yellow, thats it! What am i doing wrong???

I made an image of the game with dvd decrypter using the settings from the guide on this forum. Then i burned it in Dvd Decrypter with 2x speed thats it, whats wrong? How do i burn it right or is it something else thats wrong?? My ps2 has model number 39004. Help plz im off to buy an empty dvd-r. Thanks guys

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

derryl if you have a no swap mod chip then you dont need cd loader

terrafox how to burn cd loader in nero 6
    start nero from the new complation window that opens select cd from the dropdown menu,then select cd rom(iso)next select the multi session tab and select no multisession,next select the iso tab on this tab from the dropdown menus select file name iso level 2,format mode2 xa and charecter iso 9660 leave joliet ticked and untick all others then select the burn tab tick write and finalise cd select burn speed at 4x and write method as disc at once then click the new tab then from the center file browser(3rd section) browse to were you saved the cd loader image and click on the folder the file should then appear on the right hand side click on the image file and drag it to the left(2nd section) and drop it under were it says name click on the burn icon(9th one along)check that write and finalise cd are still ticked and that burn spees is still set at 4x and disc at once still selected then click burn

11. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

I dont need to burn True Crime streets of LA again? DVD-R are expensive here in Denmark! 6 times the price of a cd-r! So ive burned cd loader wrong? But i see the menus! thanks devilhunt as alwaus a fast reply.

12. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

Ok, i have burned the cdloader as you said and the cdloader app works but can play game still only the intro. Also burned cdloader 5,1 using alcohol 120% as they said on swapmagicfx.com with the settings they state still only intro. think ive burned the game wrong! Tell me how you did and what app?

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok are you using this boot method
    boot swap magic cd version
    swap it for CDloader(with flip/slide) and press x
    once CDloader loads press x
    select 5v3 no pn press x
    PRESS eject on your ps2
    swap for swap magic DVD version
    once it is recognized in the bottom left hand corner press x
    it will instruct you to swap with dvdr. use your flip top or slide card to swap the disc with the backup.
    press x

14. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

I tried that now and it dosent work now the game dosent start at all! I bought the swap pack a few days ago I think i will return it and get a chip Is a chip better? And how easy is it to install? Thanks

15. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes a chip is better but you need execlent soldering skills to fit it
    does cdloader boot ok when you follow my instructions at what point does your backup fail to load? what version ps2 do you have?what brand of dvdr media are you using? are they +r or-r ?

16. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

Hi Devilhunt

the process when booting "normally" with cdloader causes the game to act exactly as with out cdloader i.e. stops when intro is over. With the PinV3 stuff it dosent start the game at all! Game burned on a Princo Dvd-R. PS2 is PAL 39004.IS Ripper II
    Gold Edition a good chip?

17. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

would the game work with no cdloader ect. if i had a chip?

18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes the game should load fine with a decent internal mod chip (only seen a few comments on the ripper mod chip and they were good but would recomend you do some research on that chip before you decide on it) also a lot of people on this forum dont like princo discs as they seem to have a lot of problems with them(i personaly have had several bad experiences with them on movie backups)would recomend you try media such as ritek,verbitan,fuji or tdk

19. Terrafox

Terrafox Member

Okay ill do that thanks!

What chip do you use if you use one. And is it good? Peace

20. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i use swap magic and flip top myself but if your considering a no swap mod chip the magic 5,dms3 and messiah2 pro all work well in a v7 ps2