1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backing up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gingninja, Feb 10, 2005.

1. gingninja

gingninja Member

have'nt backed up my ps2 dvd games before but i have just upgraded my pc and i now have a dvd burner.

used to backup old ps1 games and used to use patches,ppf etc.. and burn using cdr win.

i was just wondering do you use any patches on dvd based games as i have just copied an image of pro evoluiton soccer 4 using dvd decrypter and burnt back using the same but when i tried in ps2 no joy.

anyone any thoughts

thanks
    the ninja

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You don't need to patch your dvd ps2 games unless they have online play functions, and then that's only if you WANT to play online.

You need to mod your ps2 to play backups. (i.e. Modchip, hdd, SwapMagic) I'll let you pick your choice and read up on what to do.

3. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

Recently I learned how to make back-ups and play them. I downloaded a ton of guides and tut to try to learn how to do it. After months and months of research I decided to give it a try. Every single guide and tut I read said to use CD-RWin. So I downloaded it and copied Quake III: Revolutions(which was a blue disc). I tried it on it to be safe and not mess up a game I play often. I bought myself Swap Magic 3.3 and a new DVD burner. After weeks of trial and error I decided CD-RWin was not the program to use because I couldn't get it to rip an .iso file worth anything. So, I decided to try Nero. Luckly enough it ripped a .iso file to my hard drive burnt it and deleted the .iso file. I was so happy. I made one copy of NFS:U2 which worked great besides a longer loading screen and a few skips in the music. Well, while playing an orignal game my PS2 was making crazy noises(sounded like the laser was going to shoot out of the side of my PS2). Loading time was hellaish! So, I stopped playing my back-ups for a while and it kinda fixed itself. So, I copy Call of Duty and Madden NFL 2005. I try to play Madden 2005 and the sound is...well...not there! During game play the announcers say "he takes it up the middle" 2 plays after I did that play. Call of Duty is the same way. I'm not sure if it's my PS2 or the back-ups.

Anyway, don't use CD-RWin. Use Alcohol 120% or Nero because then you don't have to patch the file,you do if you want to play online, although that take a different patch program.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Try DVD Decrypter, it's free and very easy to use. Also most people i know use it to make backups. It works great. My backups always work using it. I never use Nero because they it doesn't seem to work as well.
    When you put in the original go to mode and choose ISO read, it will create an ISO & MDS file. Then you go to mode again and pick the MDS file it created and burn it. That's really all there is to DVD Decrypter.

5. gingninja

gingninja Member

thanks for all your replies

the ninja