1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 BACKUP CHEATS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Warman, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Warman

Warman Member

Can someone tell me what would be the best cheating device to buy that would allow me to play backup ps2 games with cheats enabled. I have a fliptop v7 ps2 console and I use swap magic 3 to play my backups. Now I would like to purchase a cheat device to play with my backups. I know that gameshark, action replay, and codebreakers are some of the cheating devices that are out. But I am not sure if they will work with ps2 backup games. What are suggestions do you have for my situation? Thanks for your help.

2. makenshi1

makenshi1 Member

3. drpuzzled

drpuzzled Guest

action replay max, will work with your back ups.
    but to be frank, why are you wanting to cheat.
    all your doing is spoiling online gaming for everybody else.
    if its just for single playing, i still dont see the point of cheating.
    maybe if you brought a psone and played games like monsters inc or some thing similair you would be able to cope without cheating.

4. themarsh

themarsh Guest

Why? Why do we get the black screen with Action Replay Max

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2004
  5. Warman

Warman Member

Thanks themarsh I will get a action replay max.

6. themarsh

themarsh Guest

No No!!
    Since I switch from my game shark 2v2 to the Action Replay Max I have [bold]NOT been able to cheat[bold]
    I just get black screen no game booting.

7. Warman

Warman Member

Do you know what i can purchase to get my backups to work with a cheat device.

8. jonngo

jonngo Member

You don't have to worry about the cheats working. I have Action Replay Evo, Codebreaker, and Gameshark and they all work. The reason why I have then is so that which ever ones releases the new cheats fastest. Umm. I have a fliptop Version 9 ps2.

Warman all you need to do is purchase one of the Cheat cds (I would recommend Action Replay) and us it as normal.
    Just select the cheats you want and start game. Then put in your swapmagic DVD and swap that with Dvdloader. Then insert the swapmagic DVD as a toc. then Press X. Wait a little bit. After that just swap the swapmagic DVD with the game and the codes should work.

9. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

i have one of those discs that i got for x mas and it is sorta out of date but it works like a charm i would use just regular cheats off the internet but it just takes a little while to load but it will work need more help write back.

10. jonngo

jonngo Member

Yeah the reason why it takes so long to load is bc of the cheats itself.
    I found that the more cheats you have on the Disc the longer it will take.

So if someone has Codebreaker i suggest you just leave the Codes on your USB drive.

11. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

i dont have a usb drive but i use the memory just to store my cheats on from the game can you tell me how to upload the cheats to the game onmce i start it because i havent really figured that part out that so if you could get back to me i would appreciate it

12. jonngo

jonngo Member

What cheat device do you have and why version is it

As for how to upload cheats to the game you will need to be more specific.

I'll try to help you as best as I can

13. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

i have code breaker the latest one and i mean whe i start up the game how do i put the cheats in the game from the codebreaker disc without putting it in the ps2 first if that makes any sence reply

14. jonngo

jonngo Member

umm..that didn't make too much sense but if you can tell me how *as in Swap magic or mod chip* you play your backups I might be able to help.

15. Drifty

Drifty Member

action replay max DOES NOT LOAD BACKUPS!!

16. HUYI

HUYI Member

"Warman all you need to do is purchase one of the Cheat cds (I would recommend Action Replay) and us it as normal.
    Just select the cheats you want and start game. Then put in your swapmagic DVD and swap that with Dvdloader. Then insert the swapmagic DVD as a toc. then Press X. Wait a little bit. After that just swap the swapmagic DVD with the game and the codes should work"

i think that is a very long way to do it, can't you just load your swap magic disc up, but in your back up of your cheat disc, after selecting cheats, but in your back up game? (or load your orignal cheat disc before using swap magic instead of the backup and after selecting cheats change it with swap magic then put in your game?) the reason i am saying this is i do it this way when playing psx back ups and it works fine, i don't know if it is the saw with ps2 though.

also i mainly use AR max for all of my cheating needs wont it work with backups? or will i have to use another cheat device? if thats so will i have to use game shark, i don't really want to because i want to be able to play pal games and gameshark realy don't support pal games...

"but to be frank, why are you wanting to cheat.
    all your doing is spoiling online gaming for everybody else.
    if its just for single playing, i still dont see the point of cheating.
    maybe if you brought a psone and played games like monsters inc or some thing similair you would be able to cope without cheating"

it's up to him if he wants to cheat, he didn't say in the first place that he was going to use cheating for online? theres nothing wrong with cheating, he is using cheats on his ps2 not yours, it only makes the game more intresting this way, besides most online games you can't use cheats online becasue of the DNAS.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  17. PS2MANIAC

PS2MANIAC Member

thanks drifty

18. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Action replay max works with swap magic,
    Here is how you do it

AR MAX

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/10 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

I have seen this posted before so its a good idea to search the forums before you post new messages but i have tried this method and it works every time.

19. HUYI

HUYI Member

i think this method would only be used for swap magic version below 3.3 i have the swap magic 3.3 not anything below that and a pstwo.

so becasue i have a V12 pstwo and a swap magic 3.3 i will not need a DVD loader or a CD loader to boot the AR max CD.

20. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

HUYI-

This hs been posted on this board and proven to
    work for ver 1-10
    I have used it MYSELF with my swap magic 3.3
    And it works every time

That is the easiest way to use swap magic with ar max.
    And be assured it works if you dont believe me look around here or try for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005