1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backup disk

Discussion in 'PS2' started by icykb, Jul 6, 2007.

1. icykb

icykb Member

i want to make copies of my ps2 games but i dont know how...i tried using real player and this onther system called 120% but nether of them worked can some one please help me make copies or tell me how to use 120%

.....thanks

2. rogues22

rogues22 Member

that makes two of us; been running searches on this site without much success so if there's a good samaritain out there to enlighten us it would be greatly appreciated.

3. somedude9

somedude9 Member

all that i can say is to not use 120% as it is unreliable and the games do not have the best boot percentage. I can recommend 2 programs that will make burning PS2 games easier. Here they are:

DVD Decrypter

Copy To DVD

DVD Decrypter is an older program that no longer offers support because Macrovision had a fit and shut them down... but the program you can still download. There will be no updates for it in the future. So anyway... Use DVD Decrypter by inserting the PS2 Disk into your DVD Drive on your computer. Open DVD Decrypter and go to the top and click on mode. Select Read and then ISO. Select the drive that the PS2 Disk is in on the drop down bar on the screen. Make sure to save the game to your desktop as this is the easiest place to look. Rip it to your hard drive. Then go up to the tool bar and click on mode again. Then click on write then on ISO. Find the file that you just ripped to your Desktop. It SHOULD be a ISO file. Sometimes DVD Decrypter puts it out in 2-6 different files. If this happens select the MDS file. But select the ISO file if its there. Insert a blank DVD and burn! Copy to DVD is a backup in case DVD Decrypter wont burn. That happens once in a great while as it is an extremely reliable program. But Copy to DVD will not recognize MDS files. Keep in mind that you have to have swap magic or a DECENT modchip installed to play backup games. I post this comment assuming that you are making backup copies of games that you paid for or that you own. Ummmmmmm.... thats it! Hope this helps!