1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backup games black and white? Swap magic help?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by slicks85, Nov 13, 2004.

1. slicks85

slicks85 Guest

how comes some of my back up games come up black and white on the tv in my bedroom? work fine in the living room :? any way to sort this out? Thanks

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

If you are living in a pal region it is because your tv cannot recieve ntsc signals. Were these downloaded game?
    A ntsc to pal signal converter would solve this.

3. mogvinda

mogvinda Member

You can use a proper PS2 scart cable, rather than the one you get with the PS2 when you buy it (3 pin cable plugged into a scart adaptor). They cost 3 or 4 quid online. Google it with 'PS2 RGB Scart Lead With RCA Block'.

4. slicks85

slicks85 Guest

will any aftermarket scart cable do the trick? also any recommended sites? thanks

5. dbonnar

dbonnar Member

Hi,
    I have had the same problem with back and white back-ups. I bought a new scart lead from www.divineo.co.uk which was switchable, but this does not seem to have helped.
    The TV i use is pretty old and only has a scart input at the back. do i need to have the other (phono?) connections to be able to play these games in colour?

Any help would be much appreciated.