1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Backup Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by xJaBeRx, Mar 26, 2007.

1. xJaBeRx

xJaBeRx Guest

Hi I have just recently obtained a back up copy of a ps2 game.
    I boot up swap magic (ver-3.6) and insert the game and hold X to load it up.
    However when the game loads up it just stays on the loading screen constantly reading loading it never gets past it. I have tried loading it several times and it doesn't load does anyone have any ideas how to solver the problem.

I have also loaded several other games with the same disk they work fine.

2. Sethane

Sethane Member

The only reason i can think of is the disk is just a bad rip or been burnt wrong. If you burnt it yourself try various burning programmes like DVD decrypter etc on a slow speed the success rate then jumps even higher

3. xJaBeRx

xJaBeRx Guest

I use Memorex dvd-r disks
    ImgBurner the step up from dvd decrypter and burn at 4x.

4. Sethane

Sethane Member

it must be a bad release of the image then.....in the future you should consider trying the RITEK disk brand they are compatible with virtually everything.

5. nixz

nixz Regular member

Jaber, the problem is the discs you are using. They are bad quality discs and are wearing out your PS2 Laser. This makes the laser weak and therefore it cannot read games as well as it use to. I suggest switching to another brand of DVD's, preferably Verbatim or Sony.

6. xJaBeRx

xJaBeRx Guest

Thank you i will take your advice on the verbatim disks. thanks.

7. xJaBeRx

xJaBeRx Guest

also when i look at the packageing of the products Its says DvD - R Disks 4X and then theres another one that says 16X what does the number and X mean?