1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backup problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pakman, Oct 28, 2004.

1. pakman

pakman Member

I've tried to back-up my copies of san andreas and burnout 3 using Alcohol 120% and DVD-Decrypter. They seem to burn fine, they just work when I try them on my ps2. I dont think its a problem with my ps2 because my friend's backups work fine on it.

Im using a Benq 1610 burner and RiData 8x DVD-Rs. Could these be the problem?

Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks.

2. Stang04

Stang04 Member

are his backups on ur discs? If so what speed are you burning them at?

3. pakman

pakman Member

No, he used different discs and hes got a different burner as well.

I tried burning at the lowest speed, 2.4.

Has anyone had a problem backing up ps2 games using the burner or discs that i'm using? Because i'm pretty sure thats where the problem lies. If its a problem with the discs then i can just try some better quality ones but i dont wanna waste money and discs if its a problem with my burner.

4. pakman

pakman Member

Ummm. What about firmware? I dont really understand what firmware is or what it does, just heard about it. Is it needed for burning ps2 backups? Does it make it easier/better?

Thanks

5. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

I've heard that firmware is an important factor to a successful burn. I believe I read somewhere here, that somebody had the same problem as you with the Benq burners, but after installing the updated firmware it worked

I don't have a Benq burner but I took the liberty in helping you find the firmware. I think this should be it, right off the Benq website...good luck!

http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

6. pakman

pakman Member

I installed the B8K9 firmware and got the same results. Then I search around and found another one, B8M9, installed it, and still nothing.

I'm gonna try a different brand of DVDs tomorow but I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks.

7. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

Try DVD+R. I've used Ritek G05 and G04 DVD-R and none of them worked. I tried Fujifilm DVD-R and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R and they didn't work either. I switched to Verbatim DVD+R and they finally worked. I have an old PS2 also.

8. pakman

pakman Member

Thanks. I tried some memorex DVD+Rs. Both games worked. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

9. hbkhhh69

hbkhhh69 Member

[REMOVED]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

hbkhhh69,

I warned you yesterday about advertising. Putting it in your sig is no different.

This is your last warning.