1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Backup problem!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ZYPHONIC, May 2, 2005.

1. ZYPHONIC

ZYPHONIC Member

I have a chipped ps2 with the messiah chip. My problem is that I can only load PS2 cd games and not Ps2 games on DVD. It used to read them now it can't! Please Help!

2. mickyd.1

mickyd.1 Guest

sounds like use lazer is on its way out that happened to mine. could be wrong. i ened up buying a new ps2 as i looked on line for the parts and it was going to cost more to get repaired than it was to buy a new 1

3. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

clean your lens.

4. ZYPHONIC

ZYPHONIC Member

There can't be anything wrong with the lens since it reads PS2 CD backups, original DVDs/CDs! It just doesn't read BACKUP DVD GAMES!!

5. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

my ps2 wouldnt read anything but ps2 dvd games.no cd games,audio cds,dvd movies etc..i cleaned the lens with alcohol and cotton swap and now it can read everything.not being able to read any kind of media is a sign the lens needs cleaning.

6. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

there is also a possiblity your modchip was improperly installed or is going out.

7. ZYPHONIC

ZYPHONIC Member

hOW DO U clean the lens, do u have to unscrew the ps2?

8. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

if you have a slim you can open it up and see the lens.if you dont have a slim or flip top you have to take off the cover.if you do take the cover off be sure not to yank the reset power ribbon off.it connects from the reset button to under the dvd tray and is only about six inches long(so take cover off slowly).with cover off unsrew dvdtray cover and remove it.then you take a cotton swab and dampen it with alcohol(squeeze excess out of swap) then gently wipe the lens a few times.then use dry end of swab and gently wipe dry a few times.then test game if you dont get it to work then you might want to repeat procedure.if not then reassemble ps2.if you got a dvd cleaner disc you might want to try that first.if that dont work try putting a dab of alcohol on the brushes(wipe off excess)then try again.and im referring to rubbing alcohol not drinking alcohol.