1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Backup problems.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by krost, Jan 16, 2005.

1. krost

krost Member

I'm having trouble with burning ps2 backups. The mod chip i have installed is the no solder mod chip, ps2 version 7. I'm positive the mod chip works. My friend tried his backups on it, worked flawlessly. It isn't a media difference.. we've used the same dvd-r's. I'm also positive it isn't my burner; I've successfully made backups of several dvd movie's I own. I've narrowed it down to the burning software we use.. he uses discjuggler, and I've tried burning backups with using nero and DVD Decrypter. I've only backed up one working game, which was a CD based game. Does anyone know what could be the problem?? Thanks in advance.

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

y not use discjuggler since it worked for him and u.

3. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

is it a no-swap chip, or do you need swap magic?

4. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

you could try alcohol 120% see if it works for you burning at lower speed and try some other brand of media.this could solve your problem

5. abx

abx Guest

Don't be so sure it isn't your burner. I can't get even a single PS2 DVD backup to work on my Sony DVD burner but 20 backups have worked flawlessly when burnt with my MADDOG. I have however been able to back up all my movie DVD's with the Sony.

6. krost

krost Member

"y not use discjuggler since it worked for him and u."

DiscJuggler never really.. ever works on my PC. always crashes for some reason.

"is it a no-swap chip, or do you need swap magic?"

Came with swap magic discs.

"you could try Alcohol 120% see if it works for you burning at lower speed and try some other brand of media.this could solve your problem"

Since this post, i have tried burning an iso with alcohol.. at 1x. didn't work.

"Don't be so sure it isn't your burner. I can't get even a single PS2 DVD backup to work on my Sony DVD burner but 20 backups have worked flawlessly when burnt with my MADDOG. I have however been able to back up all my movie DVD's with the Sony. "

I'll take that into consideration. I do use a pioneer 108 .. and from what i hear that is a commonly reccomended burner. I suppose i could get a secondary burner.. what model is your maddog burner?