1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backup Question!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Wolf873, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

HI all,

IM new here. For my 1st post I wanted to ask a question. Im trying to Burn my Mortal Kombat Deception ISO file to my DVD to play on Console, but prob is during my Burn process, the software gives me an error of burn failed, usually at last minutes of writing. I tried all softwares, Deepburner, gamejack 4, and DVD Decrypter. They give same sort of Messege, could this be due to the ISO file I have or my DVD-Rs ( I tried 5 times on 5 DVD-Rs, all cant be corrupt), or my DVD burner, I have HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM. If its ISO, does any have any Good Mortal kombat Deception ISO or know where can I find it, I really need to play that game....If anyone has been successful with playing backedup PS2 games, please help me. My PS2 can play DVD-Rs. Thanks alot for your time.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand dvd-r are you using?

3. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

I think ita not really of any brand, I bought it off from factorydirect.ca, it didnt had any name on it. But I burned videos on it, worked fine. but some of the DVD-Rs did come out Damaged out of the 50s. I dunno but some1 told me to rent the game, burn it on HD and Burn back on DVD-R, he said the ISO might be corrupt.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

mortal kombat takes up the whole disc, so if your using a cheap disc, you will get errors at the end.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Go out and get some good discs like Phillips, TDK, or Ritec.

I use Phillips DVD-R 8X myself.
    Movies will work with any old crap media, but games won't, they need quality media in order to work.
    I have backed up many, many, many games on those Phillips discs using DVD Decrypter and have never had a real big problem. Those that needed a patch or rebuilding of the ISO where the only one's and they are only about 5% of them.

And then there was the old swap magic 2.o that some needed DVDLoader in order to get them working.

6. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Well thanks all :)

I didn't thought it matter if I use any sort of DVD-Rs. Well thanks alot, I hope this solves the problem, I ll try it today n reply the results...

Thanks again...

7. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Well it didn't workout. I bought Better DVDs as told, but no luck, this time I tried burning with Nero6, It copied uptil 93% and gave same error. Well Can the problem be in my burner which is a DVD-RAM ( im not sure if DVD-RAM r supposed to b used). Or that the game's ISO file is corrupt? Just tell me of the possibilities.

Thanks!

8. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

One thing I forgot to mention is that, when I previously tried copying the game, it only runs up til the loading screening Where it gets stuck....

9. steimy

steimy Active member

Try using DVD Decrypter to burn it. I have Nero too but never use it unless i am doing movies, had problems getting my back up games to burn right with it. Mine use to lock up too but it was due to the fact that my PC was running on a FAT32 file system.
    Once i installed a new secondary drive that i converted to NTFS it works great.

Also if you don't already know you will burn the MDS file with DVD Decrypter, not the ISO.
    Look in the PS2 General section at the top and there is a sticky thread that has instructions on how to use DVD Decrypter.

10. Wolf873

Wolf873 Member

Thanks all.. although the solutions didnt workout. I was unable to copy MK-D. Maybe there is an issue with my DVD-RAM or DVD-R. But even so, I was able to get the short version of the game from Torrent sites, and burned it onto my CD-R, and it works very well, but I think that version may be missing some files, like movies and so.

I like to thank all who helped, these suggestions would come in handy next time I burn any game.

Bye all.