1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 backup software that doesn't need mod chip...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by perrcar, Jan 17, 2004.

1. perrcar

perrcar Guest

Anyone hear or use Daves 2004 Game DVD software? Supposed to make backups and use no hardware or anything to play games. Claims alot of things that I thought never could be done...check it out

http://www.copyvideogames.com/

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] thats bogus man. dont let them fool you.

3. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

LOL!!!

Lets find everyone on the internet pulling scams like this, line them up and AK-47 the whole lot of them.

Personally I think the 2 funniest parts are the PS3 game downloads, and the free holiday!!!!!

What a scam!!!

4. perrcar

perrcar Guest

Just alittle info for everyone. DVD XCopy is in the process of making software just for games and will be out soon, this info is directly from the makers of DVD X Copy...

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

OK. Don't just leave it there.

What is this software supposed to do? Currently each respective console's games contain boot information that your computer cannot read/duplicate.

The basis of this copyright protection is in its encryption, that has not been cracked as of yet - meaning you need the origional hardware to decrypt the code, to boot the game.

The modchip hacks into the timing of the boot process of the console, interupting the required 'handshake' between the software and hardware during its authoring phase.

Does the software 'DVD X Copy' (that I already own) claim to have a way of eliminating the modchip boot interference?

6. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]where can i find more info about that perrcar?

7. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

My email to them.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

There can't be any software out that can make games directly boot when there is no emulator out as of yet for PS2 games.The bad thing is that the PS1 games can't directly boot so how can a PS2 game directly boot before a PS1 game with any software that is out?

9. perrcar

perrcar Guest

My brother is the vice president of Provantage.com and deals directly with DVD X Copy makers, just spoke with them this week and was told of the new gaming software their working on.....best I can do..I believe my brother, he's a pretty good source!!!

10. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] ok perrcar. if you know hear anymore info from your bro please post it.