1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backup speed: 1x vs 2-2.4x

Discussion in 'PS2' started by listener, May 2, 2004.

1. listener

listener Member

I have heard a lot of people saying that we should back up ps2 DVD games writing at 1x speed. But it seemed not working with me.
    Recently, I tried burning 2 games: Onimusha 3, and World Championship Pool 2004
    When I burned at 1x, both of them, and they all got frozen every 15 seconds since the introduction, couldn't even get into the game.
    Then I tried buring them at 2-2.4x speed, (with the same image files) they worked perfectly.
    I'm using:
    Micro Advantage 4x DVD+/- RW
    Shop4tech 4x Matrix DVD
    DVD Decrypter 3.1.9
    Any one has any idea about what's going on with my com. ?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what it comes down to is if you have found a burning prog and media and speed that works for you then stick with it some times slowing down the burn speed can solve problems with skipping audio and jumpy fmv sequences but also a lot of these problems can be sorted by using reasonable media also if your using +r media then you cant burn slower than 2.4x anyway

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

jsut for the fun... i burnt oni3 on dvd-r 8x at 8x... was fun... and the game wont even skip ^_^... whatever speed you pick always works.... sometimes you just have to use higher spedd just for it to work... some people use 1x you use 2x.... btw if you trying to burn on dvd+r at 1x you will net get a working copy... they dont support 1x...

4. listener

listener Member

It means there's no neccessary to burn at 1x, and no best speed always, right ?
    (I use Matrix DVD-R)

5. liljoe

liljoe Guest

i burn at x1 and all of them work except 1 it skips all the time so ill try burning at x2 or x2.4