1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Backup Via Duplicator?????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SSnewbie, Nov 1, 2004.

1. SSnewbie

SSnewbie Member

I have an Acard duplicator can i use it to make backups of my ps2 games, i have pioneer 108 d/l dvd writer and had both dual layer and single layer dvds so can i just duplicate or do ihave to do same as normal ps2 backups?

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

Some PS2's are having problems reading Dual Layer backups...it depends, but then again, 99% of games out there are on single layered discs anyways, so the chance you'll have to use a Dual Layered disc are slim.

I've used Alcohol 120% to do direct disc to disc duplitcates before without burning to the harddrive first and it always works...I burn at 4x speed too!! But lately for games such as GTA:SA which I don't want to mess up, I use decrypter and do it the normal way.

I guess you can try to do a straight duplicate, but to be on the safe side, just create an image to the HD and then to DVD-R

3. SSnewbie

SSnewbie Member

thanks for that i am new to ps2 stuff how do u mean mess up your copy of GTA/SA surely it cant mess up original??

4. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

no problem, anytime!

I guess my wording wasn't clear enough...by messing up, I'm referring to the actually backup, not the original...you won't mess up your original...