1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by baddoggy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. baddoggy

baddoggy Member

I just purchased a new ps2. I don't know much about them. I want to make backup copies of my games. What do i need and will my ps2 play them?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

a mod chip or swap magic and fliptop.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you will need to mod your ps2 to play burnt backups, you can either use a no swap mod chip or the swapmagic discs with the fliptop/slide card, if you don't want to use burnt backups you could consider useing a hard drive/network adaptor with the hd loader/hd advance program and store games on a hard drive.
    To create dvdr backups you will need a dvd writer and some burning software, popular burning software include dvd decrypter, nero 6, alcohol 120%, record now max

4. baddoggy

baddoggy Member

What is swap magic and fliptop?

5. baddoggy

baddoggy Member

I have NTI CD&DVD maker. Will this program copy my games?

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

swap magic is a pair of boot discs (one for booting cd based backups and one for booting dvd based backups), the fliptop is a replacmemt top cover for your ps2 that allows you to swap discs in the ps2 without the ps2 knowing about it(try searching on google for more info on swap magic/fliptop).
    I have never used nti cd/dvd maker so can't realy say if that program works or not, is it capable of making image files from dvd discs?

7. baddoggy

baddoggy Member

I dont no much about the nti program. I only cds with it at the moment as i dont get my DVD burner until tomorrow arvo. So if i get nero 6 and a mod chip for my ps2 will i have any problems playing the games?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you get yourself a mod chip fitted correctly and nero 6 and use quality media then you should have very few problems playing backups

9. baddoggy

baddoggy Member

What mod chip do you recommend as ive noticed there are a few on the market? Will this mod give me any problems to watching original and copied DVDs?

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

personly i use swapmagic and have very little experience with mod chips, but popular mod chips used by many members are the matrix infinity, the dms 3 mod chip (both these have many extra functions compared to other mod chips and are the most expensive), the magic v mod chip and the duo 2 mod, would suggest you have a look at these mod chips and see which one fits your needs, then post in the ps2 mod chip section asking for more info/personal experience on that chip

11. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i have had an excellent experience with matrix infinity. works great and has always booted every game the first try.