1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by dragnn44, Jun 3, 2007.

1. dragnn44

dragnn44 Member

Can someone out there please explain the process after the iso read and write. Can you then play the backup game on the PS2 or does the PS2 need the MODCHip installed first. Thank you forum

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

you need a modchip, swapmagic, or memory card exploit (if you have an older big ps2, not slimline)

3. zaphrod77

zaphrod77 Member

I dont know how to ask a question on this forum, so this question is in the reply spot. During spring cleaning in town I found a bunch of ps2 burned games, what do I need to get them to play?? any info would be greatly appreciated.

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

Like I said previously, you need a modchip, swapmagic, or memory card exploit (if you have an older big ps2, not slimline). I am aware that there are other methods, but these seem to be the more popular methods.

5. kioki2

kioki2 Member

Swap Magic is also good is not that expensive. Mod chip, you need to open your PS2 and it's kind of complicated process. or you can also use USB Extreme it's about the same price with Swap Magic. The advantage of USB extreme with Swap Magic is that you don't have to swap disk everytime you change games. All you have to do is load the games on the hard drive (internal or external and would work with new and old PS2)that's connected to you PS2. You can play the games straight from the hard drive.

6. smirker

smirker Guest

Hello im a new member and was wondering i someone could give me advice on how to copy a PS2 video game. i succesully copied all files but when i tested the disc my system required a PS2 format disc

7. kioki2

kioki2 Member

smirker, your PS2 needs to have a mod chip installed before you can play back up game in PS2 or you need a boot disk like swap magic 3.6 or you can also back up your game in the hard drive using hd advance boot disk.